The Seahawks may get Percy Harvin back for the playoffs after all. The coaching staff sure made it sound as if Harvin would miss quite a bit of time.
Despite talk that Harvin’s hip injury would cause him to miss the entire postseason, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said today that he’s optimistic about Harvin returning to practice on Thursday and beginning preparation for Seattle’s playoff opener on January 11.
“Percy’s going to practice with us when we get back with the intention of playing in this next game,” Carroll said, “We’ll see what happens. That’s the intention. We’re going to see how he goes.”
Harvin has only played in one game this year were he caught a pass for 17 yards and returned a kickoff for 58 yards. Harvin has a chance to have that kind of impact on the Seahawks in the playoffs, but Carroll noted that no one should expect Harvin to jump right in and immediately change Seattle’s offense.
“We’re going to take things slowly. It would be wrong to change things for one individual player,” Carroll said.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Just talked to @bigdavis813 and he is doing ok. He landed in Orlando and will have more tests tomorrow. Keep pray… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 17 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- He will be hard to hide twitter.com/hiphopdx/statu…
about 48 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- How does this kid have zero offers? @17NickHill @ScottAligo twitter.com/goldfeetglobal…
about 57 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Solomon Brown, LB, Charleston Southern - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2018/08/solomo…
about 59 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- Charles Johnson of Orlando Apollos was a freak today. Gilbert looked great too. Reaser balled out and Orlando is 2-0
about 1 hour ago via Twitter for iPhone