The Seahawks may get Percy Harvin back for the playoffs after all. The coaching staff sure made it sound as if Harvin would miss quite a bit of time.
Despite talk that Harvin’s hip injury would cause him to miss the entire postseason, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said today that he’s optimistic about Harvin returning to practice on Thursday and beginning preparation for Seattle’s playoff opener on January 11.
“Percy’s going to practice with us when we get back with the intention of playing in this next game,” Carroll said, “We’ll see what happens. That’s the intention. We’re going to see how he goes.”
Harvin has only played in one game this year were he caught a pass for 17 yards and returned a kickoff for 58 yards. Harvin has a chance to have that kind of impact on the Seahawks in the playoffs, but Carroll noted that no one should expect Harvin to jump right in and immediately change Seattle’s offense.
“We’re going to take things slowly. It would be wrong to change things for one individual player,” Carroll said.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Fantasy Doctors: Cooper Kupp Injury Update | Cooper boarded the plane nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/cooper… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Fantasy Doctors: Cooper Kupp Injury Update | Cooper boarded the plane nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/cooper… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/0UKTl9LaQ3
about 4 hours ago
- This is awesome for D3 football players everywhere. Remember his name the kid is built for this! @draftguyjimmy was… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 7 hours ago
- Appreciate the love! Our crew is amazing! @JonM_Salter @jrberendzen @NflHeads2020 @that_sports_guy @DrJesseMorse… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 7 hours ago
- Urban Meyer has some smart former coaches of his out there available. Charlie Strong is out there, Doc Holliday re… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 8 hours ago