Russell Wilson said it best this week after an abysmal performance in which the Seahawks lost their first home game in his career.
“It’s a championship game this week,” second-year quarterback Russell Wilson said after one of his least effective performances (11 of 27 for 108 yards, with one TD pass and one interception, for a season low 49.6 passer rating) and his first home loss after 14 consecutive victories.
“Does it get any better? The last game of the season, the last regular-season game, a championship opportunity against a very good football team that has a great defense in St. Louis. So that’s what we’re looking forward to. Obviously, you want to win this game and it would have meant a lot. But at the same time, it still means the same thing next week. So that’s the good thing about it.”
Well while that is great the Seahawks are going to need to find a way to contain Robert Quinn to win the game. The NFL’s sack leader has 18 sacks and the last time they played both he and Chris Long had three each. The Seahawks were also without both Russell Okung and Breno Giacomini, but the offensive coordinator admitted that they have to control Quinn.
“He’s been the best one that we’ve faced, by far,” Seattle offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell said of Quinn. “He causes problems with speed rushing off the end. But they also move him inside some now and put him and Long together on the same side, so it’s not where you can take care of them with one on side and one on the other.
“You have to really know where they are and know how you want to use your protection schemes. We have our tackles back from the last time we played them, which we feel will help us a little bit.”
The 12th Man better rise up this week, because if the Hawks win they clinch homefield advantage through out the playoffs. That is what you call Russell Wilson’s comfort zone.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Breaking: Ravens are expected to workout LS Andrew DePaola tomorrow nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/andrew… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 25 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Chris Wilcox, CB, BYU nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/chris-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/jbRMXxbCvb
about 28 mins ago
- Did You See This:Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: Tony Andrews, Defensive Back nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/free-a… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 54 mins ago
- Did You See This:Week 2 Injury Report: Cornerbacks and Running Backs went down heavily nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/week-2… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:Stallions stomp their way into the world of college football nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/stalli… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago