Clay Matthews expects to play this week after he had the pins removed Monday from his broken thumb, an injury he suffered against the Detroit Lions on Oct. 6. The injury was diagnosed as a Bennett’s fracture, which is a break at the base of the thumb. He underwent surgery the next day to have pins inserted in order to stabilize the break.
He is super excited to return, but the Packers have been pretty good without him. I think the Packers have done a great job of filling in his void. He still cannot wait to get back on the field
“I’ve been working hard, obviously it’s difficult to work with one hand as far as your upper body, but lower body and conditioning and cardio, I’ve been working hard,” he said.
The Packers went 3-1 without Matthews, with the loss coming Monday to the Chicago Bearsin a game in which Aaron Rodgers suffered a broken collarbone. At this point, I feel the Packers were very solid without him. I don’t think I would rush him back. The Packers need a quarterback not a linebacker.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:15 year old high school football player Daylon Burnett died after school shooting in Arkansas… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 36 mins ago
- ICYMI:The Best Player Available Podcast w/ Neil Stratton and former Titans scouting director Blake Beddingfield… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- ICYMI:5 NFL Free Agents You Should Look Forward To In 2021 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/nfl-fr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/5fCt6v1Gzd
about 2 hours ago
- Three times a week twitter.com/kyleauffray/st…
about 3 hours ago
- 15 year old high school football player Daylon Burnett died after school shooting in Arkansas… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago