I honestly don’t know why the Bears are trying to hurry Jay Cutler’s injured groin, because the past two performances from Josh McCown have been pretty solid. McCown has the team playing very hard for him, and the line looks like an entirely different line, opening lanes for Matt Forte, and keeping McCown upward.
Today the Chicago Bears starter Jay Cutler practiced on a limited basis. He is expected to test out his injured groin muscle on the practice field on Thursday to give the Bears an idea of where he is at physically in regards to potentially starting at quarterback Sunday versus the Detroit Lions.
“I don’t know where he’s at really,” Bears head coach Marc Trestman said. “He’s been running around, working out with the trainers. He spent a lot of time on the off day with (Bears director of rehabilitation) Bobby (Slater), working with bands, redirecting and things like that. It’ll be day to day and we’ll see more tomorrow. We’re hopeful but we’ve got to be reserved about it as well. We’ll see where things are in the morning when he’ll be evaluated.” “At the end of the day the doctors will determine that. Part of that determination will be by working him out and making sure he can move suddenly and redirect himself and stride and run full out. Those will be the determinations and then the doctors will have a say and they’ll make the decision on whether they allow him free access to practice.” Trestman added: “If he’s cleared by the doctors I think two days (of practice time) would be enough (to return on Sunday).”
Who would you start? Do you really want to rush Jay Cutler? I know it is a division game, but I don’t think I would rush him right now. What do you think?
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:NFL Betting Strategy – How to Profit Betting on Football nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/nfl-be… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/BMZ3z5If1I
about 26 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Blake Dever, QB, University of North Alabama nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/blake-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 27 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Dalvin Cook Injury Update, Will Cook be ready for Week 13? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/dalvin…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 37 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Drew Brees Injury Update, Should you be worried about Kamara’s production with him out… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 41 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Zach Ertz Injury Update, Ertz to return in week 13? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/zach-e… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 45 mins ago