When you looked at the Detroit Lions draft in the beginning of the year, it might had not looked like a very strong bunch, but boy have these guys stepped up. In my opinion they have had the best drafts in a while. This draft class landed more than 5 starters, and it could turn out to be the draft that puts the Lions over the hump.
DE Ziggy Ansah (first round, BYU): Ziggy has been a stud since coming in the league. He is hard to block and let’s face it the Lions front was amazing on Turkey Day.
CB Darius Slay (second round, Mississippi State): Darius could be coming off his best game of the season on Thursday. The former MSU standout could be a great one.
RG Larry Warford (third round, Kentucky): This week Warford played 81 offensive snaps for Detroit, he once again dominated his opponents. This has been an amazing pick for the Lions.
DE Devin Taylor (fourth round, South Carolina): This week Taylor played only 15 snaps, but was extremely effective in them. He had three tackles, two sacks and forced a fumble.
P Sam Martin (fifth round, Appalachian State): Sam Martin didn’t have a great kickoff during the game, but he has been pretty impressive since coming in the NFL. You have to love the kid, he was not even on many people’s draft boards.
RB Theo Riddick (sixth round, Notre Dame): Riddick has been a great special teams player, but when needed he has came through. This week he registered a reception, but he is a very solid back up.
TE Joseph Fauria (undrafted, UCLA): I don’t have to put much on Joey, the kid can dance. He has shown he has a nose for the endzone. He might make Brandon Pettigrew expendable.
OT LaAdrian Waddle (undrafted, Texas Tech): Officially the starting right tackle on the depth chart these days, Waddle looks to be a very quality back up for years to come.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- I see you Tyson! twitter.com/PFF_AAF/status…
about 4 mins ago via Twitter Web Client
- I know one thing, I would not be near him twitter.com/apiecebyguy/st…
about 5 mins ago via Twitter Web Client
- NFL Transactions for February 21st, 2019 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/02/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/XGOdl8A21o
about 34 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Bills trade down from 9 to 15 pick up a 1st rounder next year and a first this year, then draft Greedy Williams twitter.com/TwitterSports/…
about 35 mins ago via Twitter Web Client
- Five hidden gems in the 2019 NFL Draft - @Chobani84 @AboveQuis @SidFor6 @BradMayesQB_4 were all mentioned by… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 36 mins ago via Twitter Web Client