The Chicago Bears have placed Charles Tillman on injured reserve with the designation to return because of what team doctors initially diagnosed as a torn right triceps sustained in the second half of Sunday’s 21-19 loss to the Detroit Lions.
The initial belief is that Tillman’s injury will not require surgery, but the cornerback is being evaluated and is scheduled to receive a second opinion. This is a huge blow to the Bears secondary, because Tillman has been rock over the past 5 years. Tillman said he knew something was wrong, but hopefully will be back to play in the playoffs.
“It hurts,” Tillman said. “I’m definitely sad. We have a lot of potential, and the fact that I’m no longer a part of that to help this team further succeed, that’s the part that hurts. But my role is just to be the biggest cheerleader and supporter I can on the sideline. I knew something happened in the second half,” Tillman said. “I don’t know exactly what play, I just remember shoving Calvin [Johnson] on one play and I felt something kind of strain, perhaps tear. I just felt a sharp pain. Yeah [they told me it was torn], but it’s still being evaluated.”
Placed on the injured reserve with the designation to return, Tillman can resume practicing in six weeks, but can’t play for eight weeks, meaning the only way he’ll be back in a Bears uniform this season is if the team advances to the playoffs. In the last year of a contract paying a base salary of $7.95 million in 2013, Tillman knows he might not be back next season.
“Potentally, possibly, yeah,” Tillman said. “I guess I haven’t really thought about it until you just said it. So thanks for spoiling the mood.”
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Week 3 Preview: Washington Football Team vs. Cleveland Browns ift.tt/2GaB5Zc
about 8 mins ago
- Poor Sam twitter.com/adamschefter/s…
about 18 mins ago
- Would Antonio Brown sign to a team’s practice squad to earn his spot on a roster? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/antoni… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 27 mins ago
- Top Aussie College Football Players Who Panned Out To NFL nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/top-au… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/41mldUqRcl
about 41 mins ago
- Stand firm and continue to do what is right! Even when you are attacked! https://t.co/bCfqVHbpVG
about 53 mins ago