Steve Smith just moved up my all tine favorite list. This rant was the best in a while.
“I got a (pass interference) penalty, which is very interesting,” Smith said Monday, via The Charlotte Observer. “I got leg-humped and hugged a few times. Being a pretty good flag football player, I think I got my flag pulled on my jersey a few times. I would say pretty much, I take that one on the chin and just say it was me. I’ve got to play better.”
Smith went on to talk trash about a play made by Patrick Peterson that was clearly a pass interference.
“It was pass interference in Mexico, Europe, rugby — in pretty much every other sport but in Arizona yesterday,” Smith said. “But then when I pushed off, it was pass interference.”
Smith clearly doesn’t care if his comments draw a fine from NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell.
“To be honest, I make enough money where if Roger wants to fine me, he can,” Smith said. “But I really think that referee probably was the sorriest referee that I have ever met.”
“When I dove for the first down (and) he was standing right there, he didn’t even acknowledge — he received a check that day and I hope he feels good. He was terrible. He was garbage.”
I feel bad for Dan Ferrell the ref, but that rant was amazing.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for October 20, 2020; Daily Workouts, Signings, and Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 21 mins ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: An early look at the week 7 injury report nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/injury… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 24 mins ago
- World Series Preview: Tampa Bay Rays vs. Los Angeles Dodgers ift.tt/37oavaC
about 30 mins ago
- Did You See This:Bargain Bin Shopping: 10 practice squad players that every team needs to consider poaching… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 41 mins ago
- ICYMI:Dolphins name Tua Tagovailoa their starting quarterback over Ryan Fitzpatrick nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/tua-ta… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago