With Chris Polk injured, the Philadelphia Eagles promoted practice squad running back Matthew Tucker. Tucker, an undrafted rookie free agent out of TCU, impressed the Eagles enough in training camp and preseason to earn a job on the team’s practice squad. Tucker will fill Polk’s role for now by mostly contributing on special teams.
To make room for Tucker, the team cut CB Jordan Poyer. Poyer was a 7th round draft pick for the Eagles in 2013. The rookie CB struggled in training camp and preseason but came on late and made the final roster. He struggled again when he was forced into action against Washington. Shortly after,
Poyer seemed to fall behind Shaun Prater and Roc Carmichael on the depth chart. Poyer was only active for 3 games this season, so he is still practice squad eligible if no one claims him.
I can see a team like the Buffalo Bills, claiming the former Oregon State corner, he is a very solid corner and is solid in coverage.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- NFL Transactions for May 20, 2019 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/05/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/nrtTwnHprG
about 8 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Imagine Gerald McCoy on the Rams? Replacing Suh with McCoy?
about 16 mins ago via Twitter Web Client
- Three players the Buccaneers could trade for to replace Gerald McCoy nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/05/buccan… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/gSOVtnJiNH
about 21 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Jets Reportedly Not Interested in Peyton Manning for Vacant GM Job bit.ly/2QeGLm6
about 34 mins ago via IFTTT
- Five potential landing spots for DT Gerald McCoy nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/05/gerald… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/5WDcYFysfE
about 39 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro