Today, defensive lineman, linebackers and edge rushers started drills. Some of the players had amazing days, while some fell short. Some of the big guys ran faster than the wide receivers and tight ends. There was one player in particular that ran a 4.41 and boy was he moving. Let’s get to the winners and losers, but remember this, today most of these big guys shined. It was hard for me to pick actual losers.
Montez Sweat, Edge, Mississippi State – The kid ran a 4.41, which is the ninth fastest forty of all the players who have went so far out of all the offensive players and defensive players. The crazy thing is Sweat is 6060 and 260 pounds. The kid was flying and so is his stock.
Quinnen Williams, DL, Alabama – One of the top players in the NFL Draft killed it today. He came in at 6030 and over 300 pounds and he ran a 4.81 forty. It was a few ticks off of Nick Bosa who weighs 266 pounds. Williams should be in the conversation for the top pick after today’s work out.
Devin Bush, LB, Michigan/ Devin White, LB, LSU – Both of these players killed it today. Both linebackers ran in the 4.4’s and dominated their drills. These guys are both first rounders after today. They had amazing days and both should be selected early.
Jachai Polite, DE, Florida – I thought Polite would test way better than he did. He came in at 258 pounds and ran a 4.84 forty and had only a 32 inch vertical. He seems like such a better player than that to me. I was expecting a better showing.
Terrill Hanks, LB, New Mexico State – The 6020, 242 pound linebacker from Miami struggled today. He was super slow, running a 4.98 forty. He tested okay otherwise but that forty is going to kill him. There are players every year who will not even get a shot with that forty but Hanks will still get a shot.
Isaiah Buggs, DE, Alabama – I did not want to put him on this list because I am rooting for him. He is an underdog for sure, but he did not test very great. Overall the deck is stacked against him, but his heart is amazing. He lost when it came to the times but overall he is a dawg.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Montez Sweat dropping is something we heard about several days ago. Scouts told us he would drop. We had it in our… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 mins ago via Twitter Web Client
- I keep hearing his background at Michigan State is a problem. Scouts talked about it the other day on our article.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 mins ago via Twitter Web Client
- Cincinnati Bengals Tryout Treasures: Possible Fits from the 2019 NFL Draft nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/04/bengal… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 14 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Dak Prescott Has His Eye on WAG’s Star’s Sister bit.ly/2UL4PCA
about 16 mins ago via IFTTT
- Oakland Raiders Scouts Sent Home Because Jon Gruden and Mike Mayock Don’t Trust Them bit.ly/2GlVqaC
about 16 mins ago via IFTTT