NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Morris Williams II, WR/KR/PR, Emporia State University
- Morris Williams II
- Emporia State University
What is your name?
- Morris Williams II.
Where did you play College Football?
- Emporia State University.
What position do you play?
- Wide Receiver, Kick Returner and Punt Returner.
What is your height/weight?
- 5’8″ 171lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Yes, I played Basketball, Baseball, and ran Track.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- The toughest player I competed against in college was Eddie Richey (Northwest Missouri State University).
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Yes, I usually listen to NBA Youngboy, YFN Lucci, and throwback Young Jeezy.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- Use the restroom before the game.
- Must watch Tavon Austin college highlight tape.
- Wear my favorite chain under my pads.
Who is your role model & why?
- My role model is my father. He showed me what hard work is, he is the hardest working person I know and has always pushed me to be great in everything I do in life.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- While in college my favorite class was Web-Based Applications and my least favorite class would have to be Business Policy.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Meeting new people and truly becoming a family and making Kansas feel just like home.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- My favorite NFL Team is the Philadelphia Eagles and growing up my favorite player was Duce Staley because my nickname is Deuce and I just thought that was so cool to have the same name as him.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- If I could choose a movie to play in it would be Taken and I would play the main character, Bryan Mills who is played by Liam Neeson.
If you could have dinner with three (3) people, dead or alive, who are they?
- My Grandmother who passed away in 2012
- Kobe Bryant
- Kevin Hart
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr because I think he is one of the most courageous figures in history. I would like to know how he felt when dealing with tough times and how he pushed through even during those difficult times. He is a constant reminder to never give up on my dreams despite what others say or think.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- My favorite superhero is Spider-Man because he saves the world and he doesn’t need all the glory behind it.
What is your definition of hard work?
- My definition of hard work is the work your willing to put in to be productive in all phases of life. As well as maximize your ability to be great at something, despite how you are feeling and what you are going through.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- Don’t expect others to want it for you. You have to go get what you want for yourself.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- Take school serious earlier instead of later.
Why do you wear #2?
- I wear number 2 because my name is Morris Williams II and my nickname is Deuce. The 2 is perfect because it represents the second in my name as well as my nickname.
What is the best part of your hometown, Nashville, TN?
- The best part of Nashville, TN is the food choices, for example, hot wings and hot chicken.
What have you enjoyed most about this pre-draft process?
- What I have enjoyed most about the process is training and getting to meet people who are chasing the same thing I am chasing. As well as gaining new knowledge from different people every day.
What do you enjoy doing to relieve stress?
- I like listening to slow jams and going for a run.
What is the one word you would use to describe your team?
If you had one free hour each day, how would you use it?
- Watch Netflix.
You have 3 words to describe what NFL teams are getting from Morris Williams II, what are they?
- Team Player