NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Kyre Hawkins, LB/DB, James Madison University
- Kyre Hawkins
- James Madison University
What is your name?
- Kyre Hawkins.
Where do you play College Football?
- James Madison University.
What position do you play?
What is your height/weight?
- 6’0” 220lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Yes, basketball, wrestling, and track.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Kyle Lauletta, University of Richmond QB.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Yes, I listen to a lot of music. But I always listen to Meek Mill Dreamchasers 1 and 2 before each game.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
Who is your role model & why?
- My mother, so many obstacles have been put in front of her and she has overcome every single one. She is honestly my hero and is the reason for who I am today.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- My favorite class was a science lab called Weapons of Mass Destruction. My least favorite class was Quantitative Reasoning.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- My favorite experience would be giving a signed jersey to two young fans that I met at work.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- Baltimore Ravens and Ray Lewis, because I’m Baltimore born and raised and I’ve just always loved defense and he is the best linebacker to ever play.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- Black Panther and T’Challa.
If you could have dinner with three (3) people, dead or alive, who are they?
- My grandfather, Ray Lewis, and Obama.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Muhammad Ali, I would like just to pick his brain and see what made him tick.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- The Hulk, who doesn’t love the Hulk?
What is your definition of hard work?
- Not only outworking the man next to you but outworking yourself each and every day.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- The value of having real friends.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- Don’t get complacent, when you think you’ve made it, you haven’t.
Why do you wear #9?
- Because my first initial is a K and so that made K9 like canine, and just like me you never have to teach a dog how to eat.
What is the best part of your hometown, Baltimore, MD?
- The whole city if we’re being honest.
Are you binge watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
- Nope the last thing I binge watched was “The Chi.”
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- I want to get a new book to read, so I’d probably being reading the next book I purchase.
You were a Sports and Recreation Management major, what made you choose that subject?
- I knew whatever profession I wanted to be involved in it was going to involve Sports so going into college that seemed like the best fit for me.
You topped 95+ tackles in three of your four seasons at JMU. How do you diagnose the opponent’s plays so well that allows you to be so efficient?
- I spent a lot of time in the film room, and I’m very good at taking mental reps so even when I’m not on the field I’m paying such close attention that I’m taking the same steps in my head that I would be on the field. I feel like that helped me a lot because when teams came out in certain formations I already knew the list plays they usually run out of that specific formation.
If you could make a 4th down stop on any NFL RB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Le’Veon Bell because he’s one of the best players in the league and he’s a Steeler and me being a Ravens fan it only fits.
If you could give NFL scouts three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Kyre Hawkins, what would they be?
- Efficient, hardworking, and resilient.