NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Khalil Hodge, LB, University at Buffalo
The NFL Draft in 2018 is over, and now NFL Draft Diamonds is focused on the 2019 NFL Draft. One of my favorite players in the entire 2019 NFL Draft is Khalil Hodge the linebacker from Buffalo. So I felt it would only be appropriate to start of the 2019 season with a player from my favorite college football team, and a player I feel is the best linebacker in the country. #GoBulls
What is your name?
- Khalil Hodge
What is your Height/Weight?
- 6’1 235lbs
What is your position?
- Inside Linebacker
Where do you play college football?
- University at Buffalo
Where are you from?
- Antioch California (Bay Area)
Who is your role model, and why?
- My parents, they’ve been through a lot and to see them prevail and keep a smile on their face is something worth looking up to.
Who was your favorite teacher?
- Mrs.Baglietto (Hs ASL teacher)
Did you play any other sports growing up?
- Football & basketball
Who was the toughest player you ever faced?
- Corey Davis (Western Michigan)
Who is the most underrated player on your team?
- Tatum Slack
What is the one song that would fire you up before the biggest game of your life?
- Ambition- Wale
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be and why?
- Eric Kendricks (Vikings) & Bobby Wagner (Seahawks) both inside linebackers that are athletic and have a nose for the football.
What was the biggest obstacle in your life you had to overcome, and how did you overcome it?
- My little brother was recently killed, 5 months ago to this day and I’m still trying to cope with the situation.
Do you have any pre-game rituals?
- Always have to listen to music before a game
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- Game winning Interception vs Ohio that made us Bowl eligible
What is the coolest thing you ever did off the field for someone else?
- Back in HS I was given the opportunity to work in a Special Education summer school program, one of the coolest experiences of my life.
Who was your favorite NFL team growing up?
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would you choose?
- 1. My little brother
- 2. LEBRON James
- 3. Martin Luther King Jr