NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Jalen Wilkerson, DL, Florida State University
- Jalen Wilkerson
- Florida State University
What is your name?
- Jalen Wilkerson.
Where did you play College Football?
- Florida State University.
What position do you play?
What is your height/weight?
- 6’4″ 1/2 292lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Basketball & Track.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Lamar Jackson (QB – Louisville 2015-2017).
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Future – Last Breath.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- No, not really.
Who is your role model & why?
- My Grandfather. He is a perfect example of a Godly man, husband, father, provider & relentless worker.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- My favorite was U.S. History, my least favorite was Math.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Being able to do community service & having an impact on others lives.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- The Baltimore Ravens & Ray Lewis. He was my favorite player because of the energy & passion he played the game with.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- 300, King Leonidas (Gerard Butler).
If you could have dinner with three (3) people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Both of my Grandmothers & my Mom.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., because he was not afraid to stand up for what he believed in.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Black Panther. Because of his strength, speed, agility & durability he uses.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Putting in the max amount of time & effort it takes to complete a goal & even going beyond that.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- That ones I thought would never change, did exactly that.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- Take no opportunity for granted.
Why do you wear #30?
- #30 is way bigger than just a number to me. I wear #30 in honor of my former teammate/brother Malik Sparkman. My senior year, Malik battled cancer & fought a great fight. Before Malik went home to be with the man above, I made a promise that no matter what I would keep the spark alive.
What is the best part of your hometown, Douglas, GA?
- My family. Some great people who have had an impact on my life. Most of all, it’s home.
Are you binge watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
- 7 Seconds.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- Brainstorm. Write down different ideas on how to continue being successful.
You were a Biological Science major, what made you choose that subject?
- It was my favorite subject coming out of High School.
If you could sack one NFL QB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Tom Brady. Because he is considered one of the greatest & I love to compete against the best.
You suffered a fracture between your C5 & C6 vertebrae as a sophomore at Coffee High School, how did that experience change your mindset towards life & football?
- It made me understand that this could be taken away at any moment, so cherish & respect the game. It also showed me that life is bigger than just football.
June is going to be a very exciting month for you & your family, you & partner Raven Gaskin are expecting your first child, a little girl. What are you most looking forward to in becoming a father?
- Being a man that my beautiful baby girl can always be proud of calling her father.
If you could give the 32 NFL teams three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Jalen Wilkerson, what would they be?
- God-fearing, Humble, Ambitious.