NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Ermon Lane, WR/DB, Florida State University
- Ermon Lane
- Florida State University
What is your name?
- Ermon Lane.
Where did you play College Football?
- Florida State University.
What position do you play?
What is your height/weight?
- 6’3″ 209lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- I played basketball and ran track.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- The toughest player has to be Lamar Jackson he is very talented.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- I listen to a lot of music before games, but my favorite is my guy from my hometown who goes by the name “Dooski.”
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- No, I do not believe I superstitions.
Who is your role model & why?
- I do not have a role model, but I grew up watching Calvin Johnson and John brown, so you can say I look up to them.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- My favorite class had to be history and my least favorite had to be math.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- I really love the people I’ve come across in Tallahassee. So, I would have to say socializing.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- Tampa Bay Bucs and my favorite NFL player was Sean Taylor because he grew up in the same city as me and he played the game how it was supposed to be played.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- I would like to play in Friday Night Lights and I will want to play any character because I love that movie so much that it inspires me to keep pushing.
If you could have dinner with three (3) people, dead or alive, who are they?
- My friend Steve who passed in 2016, LeBron James and Meek Mill.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- It would be Martin Luther King Jr. I picked Dr. King because he was a selfless man who worked through all his emotions.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- I’m not into Marvel and superheroes, but I do enjoy watching Batman because he’s a normal guy doesn’t have super power but solves problems with special tools.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Hard work means going over and beyond the call of duty whenever the opportunity comes.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- Control what you can control and be yourself.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- Something I will tell them is take school serious and work hard and be humble.
What is the best part of your hometown, Homestead, FL?
- The best part is my family. My mom brother and sisters. I love when I go back home to visit them.
Are you binge watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
- Criminal Minds, Law & Order SVU.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- Right now, I will play the game, Madden but after July when my son get here I will spend that time with him.
You were a Social Science major, what made you choose that subject?
- Social Sciences cover a lot of ground. I picked this major because the many subjects that falls under social science provide the best insights to everyday life in our families and community.
If you could intercept & catch a TD NFL QB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- I would love to catch a TD from Tom Brady and intercept him because it’s not often that he throws an interception, so I know it will be one for the books.
What is your most memorable moment as a student-athlete at FSU?
- Scoring my first touchdown Vs. Louisville my freshman year
If you could give the 32 NFL teams three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Ermon Lane, what would they be?
Committed, Passionate, Solid