- Name, Jersey #: Hunter Luepke, #44
- School (Code): NDST
- Class Yr: 4 Yr. Rs. Sr.
- Height, Weight: 6010, 236
- 40 Yd Dash: 4.54e
- Position/Depth FB/H-Back 1
- Season Viewed (yr) 2021
- Games Watched: MTST (Championship), VAJM (Semi Final), SDST
- Scout Name: Matt Swanson
Honors/Captainship – 2022 NCAA Championship Game Most Outstanding Player
- 2020-21, 2021 Stats Perform All-America First Team
- 2020-21, 2021 Phil Steele All-America First Team
- 2021 HERO Sports All-America First Team
- 2020-21 HERO Sports Sophomore All-America Team
- 2020-21, 2021 All-MVFC First Team
- 2019 All-MVFC Honorable Mention
- 2020-21 Stats Perform National Offensive Player of the Week
- 2020-21 MVFC Offensive Player of the Week (2)
- 2020-21, 2021 CoSIDA Academic All-District
- 2021 MVFC All-Academic Second Team
- 2020-21 MVFC All-Academic Honorable Mention
- 2020-21, 2021 MVFC Commissioner’s Academic Excellence Award
- 2018, 2020-21, 2021 MVFC Honor Roll
Per Year Stats (Most Recent First)
- 2021 RATT 87, YDS 543, AVG 6.2, RTD 8, REC 9, YDS 165, RECTD 3
- 2020 RATT 84, YDS 458, AVG 5.5, RTD 6, REC 4, YDS 37, RECTD 1
- 2019 RATT 5, YDS 43, AVG 8.6, RTD 1, REC 11, YDS 96, RECTD 1
- 2018 Redshirt
A 4th year redshirt senior, Luepke is an aggressive, very well rounded, offensive swiss army knife currently aligning at RB, FB, and TE for NDST. At 6010 and 236 LBS possesses average height and solid weight according to FB standards. Built like a bulldog with short arms and legs, from head to toe he’s proportionally thick with a solid, healthy, muscular build. AA involves good play speed and above average play strength, in addition to superior, quality balance and leg churn. As a runner he’s downhill orientated. Looks for contact and steps up in big, short yardage game situations, demonstrating above average will and leadership. Runs with average pad level and bend, compensates with natural low center of gravity. Navigates clustered rush lanes with sufficient vision. Following lane location, gets north and south with good urgency and attacks the hole behind pads with excellent aggression, power, and quickness. Good initial burst and acceleration are demonstrated when hitting running lanes, swiftly getting beyond LOS. Above average contact balance, foot agility, and leg churn are demonstrated when in the hole and short yardage situations, in quality ability to fight through arm tackles and stay up following initial hit from LBs. Rarely goes down on first contact. Nightmare in the open field as, excellent play strength, leg churn, good balance, and speed allow him to truck secondary defenders or slip them in a phone booth. As a run blocker he’s good. Gets of ball with good aggression and anticipation, washing 4T and 5T down until whistle blows. Demonstrates solid vision with ability to locate and mirror defenders when sifting through the wash in gaps A-C to the second level and when leading the way on outside zone. Engages and drives agile LBs with solid base, sufficient UOH, good body control and strength. As a receiver he’s good. Route tree shows solid diversity, utilizing mainly swing routes, wheels, and quick outs. Displays good football IQ exploiting soft spots in zone with good route stem speed and awareness, serving as a consistent, reliable target. Good hands, catches ball away from body. YAC ability is above average as strength and athleticism make him tough to bring down for all secondary defenders. As a pass blocker he’s solid. Active and shows good willingness to engage blitzers and freed DL. Stalemates defenders with good leverage and play strength. Adequate top end speed limits extensive large play and east and west abilities RBs with above average top end speed possess.
Offensive, 49ers and Juszczyk esque, scheme that utilizes multifaceted, athletic H-Backs as a mobile mismatch tool to create havoc for opposing defenses in the pass and run game. Can play special teams.
Ordinarily sized, hard-nosed, intriguing 4 tool offensive weapon who screams football player. Luepke is a good all-around blocker, quality receiver, and above average, gritty runner with quality athleticism and obvious leadership qualities any team would be lucky to obtain. Projects as a versatile H-Back in the NFL.