- Name: Bradrick Shaw
- Position: Running back
- College: Northern Iowa
- Height: 6’1
- Weight: 220
- Twitter: Bradricks7
- Instagram: Bradrick_Shaw
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2022 NFL Draft?
- What makes me stand out the most out of all the running backs in this year’s draft is that I am very versatile. I can play on every down. I can also be utilized in multiple ways in the run game whether that’s at running back, Halfback or Fullback. I’m a solid pass protector in the passing game and have the size and strength to protect the quarterback from any defenders. My Athleticism sets me apart from all the backs in this year’s draft.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- I was 9 when I first started playing football.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- I love being outdoors. I spend most of my free time in the off season hunting and fishing.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- Growing up I was a part of the boys and girls club, and it was something that made an impact on me and all of my siblings. These programs in communities that provide activities, food, assistance with education, etc. are something I care strongly about. If I could donate to anything in the world it would be local programs similar to that to aid children’s needs in any way possible.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- One of the best pieces of advice I have ever received is that you can’t beat the person who never gives up. No matter what the situation is, you have to have that drive to keep going. As people we have to fight when our backs are against the wall to be able to win in the end.
Who was your childhood hero?
- My Dad
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- Jared Brinkman
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- People who always talk while chewing their food, or chew with their mouths open.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- Losing everything in a house fire was one of the hardest moments I had to overcome. It made me realize that anything can be taken away in a second. Since that day I don’t take life or anything for granted.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- Only 12K students attend the University of Northern Iowa Per year. Northern Iowa is special to me because it is a smaller school and everyone in the community treats each other like family.
What is your favorite snack food?
- Mott’s Fruit Snacks and Gold fish
What is the best part of football?
- Building life long relationships with teammates and coaches.
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- Bradrick Shaw is going to over exceed any expectations that they have of him on the field.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- Chris Carson
- If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- Martin Luther King, Tupac, and Harriet Tubman