Hello, Justin Berendzen (@jrberendzen on Twitter) here to talk USFL! Spring football is back and this time we will have the USFL playing April 2022. Below is one of my interviews with a player who is playing for a USFL team and I hope you all take a look at it. Warren Saba was drafted in the Supplemental Draft by the Michigan Panthers and he also played in the 2022 Hula Bowl this year. Make sure you follow Warren’s journey on Twitter and Instagram.
What are your expectations for the USFL season?
- Of course helping my team win every game but getting good film to help my stock for the NFL.
What is your favorite defensive scheme and why?
- I’ve played 4-3 and a 4-2-5 all my career so those are my 2 favorite schemes. But I can play in any defensive scheme because I’m versatile.
Who is your favorite NFL player and why?
- Tyrann Mathieu is my favorite player because we have similar stature and he’s just a great football player.
What are you looking to improve the most while in the USFL?
- Just my overall game as a whole and just adjust to the speed of the game at a professional level from the college.
What does the game of football mean to you?
- Football gives me a sense of freedom and a chance to be myself and it’s a great stress reliever.
As a defensive back what do you pride yourself on the most?
- Shutting down the receiver and bring energy to my teammates.
What are the details you focus on the most while you are training and practicing?
- Just the little things in the weight room. I can tweak speed and strength and in practice I focus on the techniques played within the scheme and what we need to do to win.
Which teammates/coaches of the Michigan Panthers are you looking to playing with/under the most?
- Obviously, my head coach is Jeff Fisher it’s pretty cool he put stock in and gave me this opportunity. I’m just looking forward to hanging out with my teammates and getting to know them better.
What workout challenges you the most?
- So I’ve been training down at Pembroke Pines and my trainer down there put me through a lot of tough workouts but I think I can get through anything.
What is Warren Saba going to bring to the Michigan Panthers?
- I’m going to bring a lot of energy, a person with a great vibe and alot of grit and competition to help our team win.
How are you looking to forward your career after the USFL?
- Obviously my main goal is play in the NFL for many years.
What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
- I just bring positive energy. Bring nobody down and keep everybody up and bring positive energy for sure.