- Name: Riley Pickett
- Position: DL
- College: University of Saskatchewan
- Height: 6’4″
- Weight: 250 lbs
- Twitter: @rileypickett
- Instagram: @rileypickett9
What do you think are the keys to success on the football field?
- Be the most hardworking guy on the field, motivated, you got to do the absolute best for your teammates beside you and for the program as well.
If there was a billboard with 5 of your traits which 5 traits would be up there?
- Hardworker, determined, trustworthy, hard-hitting and smart.
What sets you apart from other defensive linemen?
- Just my tenacity to want to make plays and get your name announced. And as a defensive lineman, you take out all your preparation for the week on the other team’s best players such as quarterback and running back.
What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- Winning the Uteck Bowl and winning the Uteck Bowl defensive MVP and going to the national championship even though we lost was a great experience to learn from.
How are you planning to prepare for the draft?
- I’ve been doing very intense speed and strength training for the last 3 months, working on combine drills and working on my weaknesses to turn them into strengths from film study.
What should we know about Riley Pickett the person?
- I’ve always been a multi-sport athlete my entire life, playing hockey and ball hockey my entire life, I have always been a leader on my teams and been a member of the captain group, I love being in the gym working on weights, speed, and film study. I love my family and am a family guy and I love my dogs and spending time at the lake in the summer.
What are you looking to achieve as a football player going forward?
- A long professional career, I want to win championships and I want to make tons of connections through the CFL, NFL, and football in general.
If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- Reggie White, because he was an absolute beast and changed the game at the defensive line position and he finished his career on the best team of all time the Green Bay Packers.
How do you handle challenges both in life and on the football field?
- With a cup half-full mentality, always trying to look at the positives, and to create a strategic plan to overcome these challenges.
What would a team get in a player like you?
- I’m the first guy in the last guy out, I’m a winner I refuse to lose, I’m coachable and I’m a leader and I will never give up.
What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
- I bring radiant, positive energy that wants to initiate contact, I bring an energy that my teammates love to follow both verbally and physically.
What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- When I first started watching football and Clay Matthews was the best defensive lineman on the Packers I had a dream that, that could be me and ever since then I’ve worked my absolute a** off to accomplish that dream.