- Name: Zach Herzog
- Position: Defensive Back
- College: Hillsdale College
- Height: 5’9
- Weight: 190lbs
- Twitter: @zachherzog7
- Instagram: @zachherzog7
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2022 NFL Draft?
- I am a very versatile safety. I can play in the box and fill the run, and I can also play deep coverage. I can blitz off the edge, and I can be successful in man coverage as well. Being from a D2 school also helps me play with a chip on my shoulder and more intrinsic motivation.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- I became interested in football around the age of 4. I was very eager to play at the age of 7, but my dad thought it was best for me to wait until I was 8. At 8 years old I started my football career.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- I am a player who is a fast learner and can rise to the competition. I am coachable which will allow me to learn new techniques and schemes quickly.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- I would donate towards some sort of mental health foundation. Mental health issues have become more prevalent and it is something that may not be easily detected, making it more important to address.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- Make two people proud: Your 8-year-old self and your 80-year-old self.
Who was your childhood hero?
- My parents
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- Michael Herzog
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Not living up to your potential.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- Tearing my ACL my first week of camp in my freshman year. Making the transition from high school to college is hard enough, but it is even harder when the thing you love most is taken away from you. Being able to recover from that injury and have a great amount of success after is something I am very proud of.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- Being at a small school allows you to create great connections with your teammates and coaches. We have built some amazing friendships that will last us a lifetime.
What is your favorite snack food?
- Trail Mix
What is the best part of football?
- Football is the sport that requires the highest level of teamwork. Having to rely on others to do their job as much as they have to rely on you to do your job exemplifies how important each individual is to the success of the group. We come together as individuals to achieve a common goal. The teamwork aspect of football will carry you a long way in life.
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- I am a player who is physical, loves to compete, can learn quickly, and can excel in any role I am called into.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- Antoine Winfield Jr.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- Abraham Lincoln: He was one of the most important figures in history and has made some great contributions to this country.
- Kobe Bryant: He was the ultimate competitor and was obsessed with consistently improving his craft.
- Steve Jobs: He was an innovator, creator, and visionary. He created some of the most revolutionary products that hold great meaning to us.