- Name: Josh Rivas
- Position: OL
- College: Kansas State University
- Height: 6’5″
- Weight: 320 lbs
- Twitter: @rivas_josh
- Instagram: @joshrivas99
What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- Just growing up I started playing flag football in 2nd grade and tackle in 3rd. And I’ve learned to be successful everyone has to win there 1on1 battle which I’ve enjoyed.
What sets you apart from other offensive linemen?
- It’s the way I prepare. I’ll study film and go work on what I need to and focus on that and when I was younger I had a trainer yell at me about footwork so I understand strengths.
What are you looking to achieve as a football player going forward?
- Fulfilling my lifelong passion of playing the game and showing people how much I love the game.
If there was a billboard with 5 of your traits on it which 5 traits would be up there?
- Caring, trustworthy, accountability, toughness and selflessness.
How are you planning to prepare for the draft?
- I’m training at X3 Performance in Fort Myers, Florida with Jordan Luallen.
What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
- I bring positive energy when anyone has a bad play I talk to them and cheer them on and my communication is good.
What should we know about Josh Rivas the person?
- I’m a family oriented guy, whenever there is a challenge facing me I always find a way through it and how hard I work.
What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- At K-State in 2019 and 2020. 2019 is when we beat Oklahoma in Bill Snyder and in 2020 we went into Norman and beat Oklahoma down there.
How do you handle challenges both in life and on the football field?
- I just rely on what I’ve been taught through the years on the football field I rely on what I learn from coaches and off the field I rely on what my parents taught me.
What would a team get in a player like you?
- They would get somebody who works hard no matter what I’m doing, somebody they can count on and do what is in the best interest of the team.
What do you love about the game of football?
- It’s the ultimate team sport you have to rely and trust your teammates to win their 1on1s.
What do you think are the keys to success on the football field?
- Preparation, trustworthiness with your teammates, communication and focus.