- Name: André Renteria
- Position: Running Back
- College: Tabor college /College of the desert (Jucco)
- Height: 5’11
- Weight: 208
- Twitter: @pappa_dre
- Instagram: @andre_renteria
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2022 NFL Draft?
- I believe what makes me a top prospect at my position is my versatility. I also believe my football IQ and ability to learn and understand different playbooks and schemes differentiates me from other athletes.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- I was interested in football ever since I can remember! I have four older brothers that all love the game and played as well. Seeing them play inspired me.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- I think they should know about my work ethic and my willingness to do whatever it takes to make myself and my teammates better.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- I would probably donate to a children’s hospital, to help children in need of recovery or with whatever health issues they are dealing with.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- Some of the best advise I’ve received was from my mom and she told me that everything is in Gods timing and that I should have faith in his plans for me not my plans.
Who was your childhood hero?
- LaDainian Tomlinson! Running back for the Chargers.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- One of the most underrated teammates I think we had in our locker room was my buddy names Brian Sanchez. He was one of the the hardest workers I had ever met and always pushed everyone around him.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- My biggest pet peeve is when people complain.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- One of the hardest moments to overcome in my life was the time period when I was finishing my second year at my JUCO and transferring to Black hills. During this time I was struggling deciding where I was going to go to school next and I was also dealing with an auto immune disease. This was a difficult time because there were so many things changing in my life and it was a big milestone in my maturity.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- Tabor is so special to me because my coaches took a chance on me and gave me the opportunity to go out and compete. It is difficult to find people that truly want to see you get better as a athlete and man. That’s something I cherish about Tabor. The coaches!
What is your favorite snack food?
- My favorite food has to be my moms green chili. My favorite snack is Gold fish .
What is the best part of football?
- Id say the best part about football is the team camaraderie. You meet so many different people on a team with different backgrounds. It’s a blessing to learn and grow with your teammates.
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- Take a chance on me. I’m ready to grind, learn, and compete. If you take a chance on me I promise you will be able to use me in whatever way needed to make the team better. I love the game and I know I can be a great attribute to whatever team gives me a opportunity.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- I’d compare myself to David Montgomery, running back for the bears based on his size, physicality, and running style. I’d also say Christian McCaffrey, based on his size and versatility out of the backfield.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- Tom Brady, LaDainian Tomlinson, Michel Jordan. These are some of the best athletes in the world and arguably the best at their sport/position. I would love to hear about their stories from their own perspective and just learn everything I can from them. Football and life related.