- Name: Ra’Von Bonner
- Position: RB
- College: Temple University
- Height: 5′ 11″
- Weight: 220 lbs.
- Instagram: @ravonbonner_
What sets you apart from other running backs?
- I am great in pass protection and can catch out the backfield.
What areas of your game are you looking to improve the most?
- Route running and balance.
What do you think are the keys to success on the football field?
- 1) Character-how you do anything is how you do everything. Going 110% especially when things aren’t going well.
- 2) Leadership, you can’t win a championship without leaders. Players who can come together and be selfless.
- 3) Football knowledge, everyone has talent in the NFL. The smarter player can beat the more talented player.
If you could pick 1 NFL player award to win which one and why?
- I would love to win The Walter Payton Man of The Year Award. The Lord provided me with a gift that is much bigger than just scoring touchdowns. Jesus said, the greatest among you must be a servant. That is the lifestyle that I choose to live.
What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- 1) Beating our rival to get into the playoffs and knocking them out of the playoffs 2 weeks later.
- 2) Coming back from 25 down at Michigan State to become bowl eligible.
- 3) The bonding with my brothers.
If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- I would love to hang out with Ray Lewis. I want to understand how he is wired that way. I’d also love to know more about his story. The insurmountable amount of adversity that he’s overcome.
What should we know about Ra’Von Bonner the person?
- I am saved by Jesus. I love my family and friends very much. Character is very important to me. I will leave an organization better than I found it.
How are you planning to prepare for the draft?
- I am making sure that my knee is back to 100% before training. Getting an agent and improving my football knowledge is the biggest focus. I know that I will be fine physically. I know the work that I will put in when I am 100%.
What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- My mother made me play when I was 4 years old. I fell in love with it the moment that I first stepped on the field. I’m very thankful that my mom put me in football.
What would a team get in a player like you?
- They’ll get a guy who is capable and willing to do multiple things. I will play running back, special teams, outside backer. I want to excel as a running back, but I am also humble enough to do whatever it takes. I want to make a team and get paid like everyone else. I want to win more than anything.
What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
- I am VERY energetic! The total opposite of who I am off of the field.
What are you looking to achieve as a football player going forward?
- I look forwarding to playing the game that I love as long as I can. I want to become a Super Bowl champion. That’s bigger than any individual accomplishment.