- Name: Kwamie Lassiter II
- Position: WR/PR
- College: University of Kansas
- Height: 6’0
- Weight: 180
- Twitter: kwamie_lassiter
- Instagram: kj_lassiter8
What are you hoping to show scouts at the 2022 Hula Bowl?
- I want scouts to see my route running ability and how I can create separation from playing slot receiver and outside receiver. I also want them to see the knowledge I have for the game and how that helps me slow the game down.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- Sickle Cell Anemia, it’s something I grew up seeing every day because my little brother was born with the disease and I see how it affected him in so many ways. He is now sickle cell-free after a bone marrow transplant and I also have the trait.
Tell our readers one thing that the world may not know about you? (Special Talents)
- When I put my mind to it I am not bad at drawing things. Something I want to learn is how to play the piano
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- Two things, one from my father he used to tell us to Be The Best (BTB) and that means in every aspect of life, on and off the field because you can be the best at whatever you want to do in a short amount of time just put your mind to it. The second was from my receiver coach in college, his saying is bless the game. It is kind of similar because bless the game goes on and off the field. You bless the game and the game will bless you.
What is your favorite song to listen to before kickoff?
- Not one specific song but I have a playlist of 3 artists and I shuffle their music from Lil Wayne, Meek Mill, and Lil Durk
If you were an animal, what animal would you be?
- A wolf, they symbolize family, friendship, protection, and thats something I feel like I pride myself on
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- I lost my father at an early age and losing a parent is the hardest thing that could happen. There are moments in life where I need help from him and things and I can’t get, but at the end of the day, I will find a way.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- I steal a lot of Davante Adams and Stefon Diggs game
Did you have a favorite player or team in the NFL when you were growing up?
- My dad played football, so of course, he was my favorite, but outside of him, I loved watching Michael Vick and LaDainian Tomlinson. My favorite team growing up was the Arizona Cardinals
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- First, it would be my father, Kwamie Lassiter, because I would do anything to have a dinner again with him just to sit down and talk. Second would be, Jamie Foxx, because he is a very talented person and I can learn a lot from him. Third would be Adrian Wilson, a former NFL safety turned NFL scout and that is what I want to do after my playing days so getting information from him about how to get in that field would be helpful.