- Name: Christopher Shalespeare
- Position: DE/OLB
- College: Muskingum University
- Height: 6’1
- Weight: 240
- Twitter: only1_shake
- Instagram: yk_shvke
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2022 NFL Draft?
- What makes myself a top prospect for this upcoming draft is my motor, work ethic, and drive to be the very best. The film will go to show NFL teams that I have an extremely high motor and a nose for the football. With my versatility to either rush the quarterback or stand up and cover wide receivers and tight ends, I know I can be a great fit for defensive schemes NFL teams use today.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- I first fell in love with the sport around the age of 4 years old.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- That I am a player that you can place anywhere on the field and will find a way to make a play. My coaches and trainers will attest to any team that drafts me that I am a very gifted athlete that has an extremely high motor & work ethic. Whether it is on defense or any special teams unit you can count that I’m looking to make a game changing play.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- Haiti Relief, their goal is to help children who have been affected at the hands of natural disasters such as hurricanes and earthquakes
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- Be yourself, everything doesn’t need the approval of your closest peers
Who was your childhood hero?
- My older brothers Landel, Danny and Isaiah. Growing up at a early age in a household where our parents worked late nights all we had were each other. We were all very competitive with one another and that competitive edge always stuck with me. Landel played football at Cleveland Central Catholic and that drove me to elevate my game past his. Isaiah and Danny played basketball & would have my younger brother and I do drills that they would do and sometimes it got on my nerves and they would notice push me even harder. They taught me to fight thru any obstacle no matter how challenging it may be and it translates to life.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- LB Tristian Howell, Safety Devin Roebuck, RB Justin Bell & WR Travanti Keitt are all big time playmakers on our team that often times go unnoticed whether it be at their position or on special teams.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Hearing someone say you can’t do something. If you put your mind to it you can accomplish any goal you set forth I promise you.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- Having to put myself through college working at 7 a.m. while maintaining to graduate is something that was the hardest thing for me. A lot of long tireless days were put into me achieving my ultimate goal which was getting a college degree.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- My schoolis filled with so many students from all over the United States it sets you up with people you thought you’d never consider being one of your closest friends.
What is your favorite snack food?
- I was recently put on to Homemade Pumpkin Rolls and they’re the best thing I’ve had since a child.
What is the best part of football?
- Turning a losing program into a winning program.
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- Very Talented and Dependable player who can hold his old with The Very Best.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- Isaiah Simmons
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- James Baldwin, Jean Michael Basquiat, and Hank Lancaster would be my choices. I always wanted to hold conversations with these people and get to know their whole life, how they were brought up and came to be who they were and how much of an influential impact they left on others in this world.