- Name: Cain Madden
- Position: Interior Lineman
- College: University of Notre Dame
- Height: 6’3″
- Weight: 320 lbs.
- Twitter: @maddencain
- Instagram: @cain__madden
What are you hoping to show scouts at the 2022 Hula Bowl?
- I would like scouts to recognize my continuous effort to learn and grow, including my ability to play with toughness, physicality, and resilience. Also, I would like to display my ability to analyze and react to multiple defensive fronts.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- I would donate to support Veterans who require vital resources upon returning to civilian life. I am passionate to support those who have fought for our country because I have experienced firsthand the struggle veterans faced through my family members.
Tell our readers one thing that the world may not know about you?
- I enjoy going to art exhibits to understand the context, hidden meanings, and perspective an artist displays.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- “Just be you. Don’t try to be someone you are not”. I live through this mantra every day.
What is your favorite song to listen to before kickoff?
- “In The End” by Linkin Park
If you were an animal, what animal would you be?
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- I started my college football career at Marshall University where I was a walk-on for my Freshman and Sophomore years. During this time, my family faced significant financial hardships which placed a toll on my college experience. I never let my perspective of college football become negative. I navigated roadblocks and embraced the adversity that I was fighting to overcome. I refused to give up. I was granted a full-ride scholarship at the beginning of my junior year and continued to excel throughout my career at Marshall University, and later at the University of Notre Dame.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- TJ Lang
Did you have a favorite player or team in the NFL when you were growing up?
- Hines Ward
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- My mom, dad, and grandfather. I always enjoy family meals and spending quality time with them.