- Name: Antonio Ortiz
- Position: Long Snapper
- College: Texas Christian University
- Height: 6’4”
- Weight: 245lbs
- Twitter: @antjortiz
- Instagram: @antjortiz
What are you hoping to show scouts at the 2022 Hula Bowl?
- I am hoping to show the scouts that I am a consistent and reliable snapper that can also block and cover. I want to show the scouts that I am coachable, hardworking, and eager to learn because I want to be the best that I can be. I am hoping to show the scouts that I am a great teammate and person that will be a great addition to their team.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- I would donate to cancer research. I have lost family members to cancer, and I know that many people have been affected by cancer so I would donate to help find a cure for cancer and help those who are currently affected.
Tell our readers one thing that the world may not know about you? (Special Talents)
- I can solve a Rubik’s Cube.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- “What the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve.” This is the best advice because it means that I can achieve whatever I want if I know what I want to achieve and believe that I can do it. My mindset is incredibly important because no matter how good I am at something if I do not believe in myself then I cannot achieve any of my goals.
What is your favorite song to listen to before kickoff?
- “Friend Like You” by Bliss n Eso, Lee Fields
If you were an animal, what animal would you be?
- I would be a dog if I could be an animal. More specifically a Vizsla because they are very loyal, affectionate, and attached to their owners. I would love to play outside, cuddle, eat food, and then go to the bathroom wherever I want outside.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- I tore my labrum in my right shoulder and had to get surgery. I was worried that I would not snap as well as I did before and that I would not be fully healthy to play for the next season. This was super challenging mentally and I learned so much from this experience. This moment of my life taught me to trust the process and work hard. I really had to close the blinders and focus on what was happening in the current moment so that I could achieve what I wanted to in the long run. It was challenging but I came back stronger than I was before.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- I would compare my play to James Winchester because we are similar in size and he is an athletic long snapper. He can snap, block, and then cover down the field well.
Did you have a favorite player or team in the NFL when you were growing up?
- My favorite team growing up was the Dallas Cowboys and they are still my favorite team today. My favorite player growing up was Jason Witten because I wanted to be a tight end like him. He is the reason I was number 82 in high school.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- I would have dinner with my Uncle Rick, Justin Bieber, and Christian Pulisic. My Uncle Rick passed away in June of 2020 and he was one of my biggest fans. He is part of the reason for where I am today, and I would love to talk to him about my accomplishments and goals for the future. I chose Justin Bieber because he is one of my favorite musical artists. I would want to talk about his life and ask questions about his music. I chose Christian Pulisic because I am a Chelsea fan and I support him. It would be awesome to talk about his experience of playing in the Premier League as a young American.