- Name: Alex Smith
- Position: Outside Linebacker
- College: Newberry College
- Height: 6’2 ft
- Weight: 220 lbs
- Twitter: @Beast3_AS
- Instagram: @Asmith__17
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2022 NFL Draft?
- I feel that my passion for the game is unmatched. I believe that everyday there’s something I can do to get better and I won’t stop until I’m the best athlete I can be.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- I was interested in football around the age of 6 or 7. I was always around it because my dad played all his life and attend The University of South Carolina to play football. So my brother and I naturally loved the sport and played.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- I’m a hard working and determined athlete who strives to do big things. I will always set goals for myself and I will stop at nothing until I reach those goals.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- I would donate to help with the fight against Alzheimer’s. This is because my grandma fought with this disease for a long time and it was hard watching her going through something that I could not help her with.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- No matter where you go in life always remember that self-care is number one priority- My Mom
Who was your childhood hero?
- My childhood hero was my older brother not only as an athlete, but as a person I always looked up too.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- The most underrated teammate in my locker room is Andre Amaker. He is a hard worker on and off the field. You can just see the passion in him and I see big things for his future.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- My biggest pet peeve on field would be when a teammate playing next to me is not giving 110%.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- The hardest moment in my life was the passing of my grandma. Fortunately, with the love and support from my family I was able to get through it.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- Newberry College is small, but being at small school means that you can get to know people better. It’s a big family here at Newberry.
What is your favorite snack food?
- White cheddar popcorn and wild berry skittles.
What is the best part of football?
- The best part about football is the atmosphere in the stadium, it’s like no matter where you go there’s always a screaming crowd at the games.
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- Count on me to get whatever you need done.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be? I would compare myself to Tyrann Mathieu.
- If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why? I pick my brother as one, because he is always giving me advice. I would pick my grandpa, because not only did I love being around him but he always inspired me to be a better person. Then I would pick my grandma, because I miss seeing her healthy and happy.