- Name: Mikkah Hackett
- Position: LB
- College: University of Mary Hardin-Baylor
- Height: 6’1
- Weight: 225
- Twitter: mikkahhackett17
- Instagram: 2g.o.a.t2
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2022 NFL Draft?
- My speed and athleticism at my size helps me stand out and make plays. I have the ability to be a key run stopper and easily defend the pass since I am a converted safety.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- I’ve been interested in football all my life but rededicated my life to the game following the passing of my best friend Cam’ Ron Matthews in 2015 who passed in the middle of a game. I then asked to switch to his position and promise to dedicate every game to him.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- I am a hardworking individual who takes pride in not only his craft, but truly gives great effort on special teams as well.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- Mental Health America, I don’t think that mental health, especially in Men is taken serious enough.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- The best advice I receive is from my grandma every time we speak which is to keep God first in everything I do and follow my heart, she reminds me that if I lead with that then I can never be wrong.
Who was your childhood hero?
- My childhood hero I would refer more to high school when I was going through a rough time I my life Inky Johnson was who helped get me through it. He is just so inspirational and made me want to take advantage of each day to be great.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- Jacob Mueller, who is also my best friend, He became an all American this year and definitely helped lead our team to a national championship, but no one outside of the team truly knows how special he is not only on the field, but off.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- My biggest pet peeve is people who chew with their mouths open lol.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- The toughest moment in my life is by far the passing of my best friend, it is a lot for a high schooler to go through and it questioned if I wanted to play the game at the time, but at the same time it helped motivate me and rededicate my heart to why I play the game with so much passion.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- UMHB is special to me because of the bond our team has. Honestly I have never been apart of a community that truly accepted one another from so many different backgrounds and created a brotherhood that will never be broken.
What is your favorite snack food?
- My favorite snack food is ice cream, especially pistachio almond bluebell, I eat a dangerous amount sometimes.
What is the best part of football?
- The best part about football is the relationships you develop, Its special when you play not only for yourself, but you know your playing for your brothers out their whoms back you have and they have yours.
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- East Texas athletes are exactly what you imagine, Id say that my athleticism along with the knowledge gained from my time at UMHB helped mold me into an exciting player with the ability to make big time plays in big time ball games.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- Patrick Queen, My size and strength although I am confident in my ability to cover not only tight ends but also slot receivers since I am a converted safety with great ball skills.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- Dead or alive I would live to have dinner with Inky Johnson, because Ive always wanted to meet him of course, He is my idol, Dez Bryant, because I am a longtime fan and he also is from East Texas, and last but not least My Mom because she deserves her flowers all the time of course.
Follow Us on Facebook