- Name: Marshawn Reese
- Position: DB
- College: Southwest Minnesota State University
- Height: 6’1
- Weight: 190
- Twitter: @Mreese6land
What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- Growing up I played multiple sports but football is where I had fun and Felt I was most talented at.
What is your favorite coverage and why?
- Personally don’t have a favorite. However what I like about them is that in man coverage it’s 1v1 me vs you and in zone it puts you in position to make big hits.
What do you think are the keys to success on the football field?
- I think to be successful on the football field you need to trust your teammates to do their jobs, have greater focus on small details, play with confidence and have the mindset to move past the ups and downs throughout the season.
What sets you apart from other defensive backs?
- What sets me apart from other defensive backs is the physicality I play with, play recognition, and using my length to play the ball.
What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
- I bring relentless and competitive energy to the field.
How are you planning to prepare for the draft?
- I first plan to attend the Dream bowl this January to display my talents on another stage. Then head home to put in the work as I always do with a little more Focus on strength endurance and explosiveness.
What do you love about the game of football?
- I love the competition from to make plays, the feeling of brotherhood that we all got each other’s back and simple fact that we are allowed crash into each other full speed.
What should we know about Marshawn Reese the person?
- I’m a leader who is relentless and consistent.
If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- It would probably be Ed Reed because even though I played more corner and of course Deion Sanders gets brought up. However growing up Ed Reed was my favorite player the way he would play the ball side line to side line, how hard he would hit people, and his Importance of studying the game.
What would a team get in a player like you?
- A team would get a leader who leads by example, smart, fast and physical player who’s hungry to learn.
How do you handle challenges both in life and on the football field?
- By keeping a positive mindset and finding solution.
What are you looking to achieve as a football player going forward?
- Being the best I can possibly be, make it where many said I couldn’t and just enjoying the fact of furthering my career.