- Name: Malik Sonnier
- Position: Safety
- College: Northwestern State to Midwestern State
- Height: 6’2
- Weight: 205
- Twitter: @carn8ge
- Instagram: @carn8ge
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2022 NFL Draft?
- I have the physical and mental ability to go out there and take over a game. Throughout my collegiate career I’ve played all positions in the back end which give me an advantage
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football? At the age of 4, was when the game was introduced to me.
- What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you? I am a winner, I take the game very seriously. I study the game better than anyone and I feel like my IQ is on another level.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- National Alliance to end Homelessness. There are too many times where I’ve seen homeless people and I wish I could help but never had the fortunes of doing so to the level that I believe is enough
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- Believe in yourself when nobody else does
Who was your childhood hero?
- I never really had a childhood hero. There were people i looked up to but I knew I wanted to be better than them
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- The most underrated teammate in the locker room would be Anthony Tennison
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Asking questions that have already been answered before you asked it
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- I’ve had plenty of hard moments in my life that I can’t put into a specific order or pin point which one was the hardest but if I had to choose off of the top of my head it would be emailing college coaches last minute not knowing if I would be playing college football
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- Midwestern is special to me because when I was down and in the portal they continued to show love and gave me a chance when all the schools backed out due to COVID
What is your favorite snack food?
- Go-to is sour skittles
What is the best part of football?
- Best part about football is winning knowing that you and the team put in the work to not be beat
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- Drafted or not, any team that takes a chance on me is getting the best Defensive back in this draft and my career will speak for itself to prove that.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- if I could compare myself to a player in the league now I would say Harrison Smith. Just the IQ level and physical gifts to be able to make plays
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- If I could have dinner with 3 people it would be, Troy Polamalu, Ed Reed and Sean Taylor
Follow Us on Facebook