- Name: Kevin Ransom Jr
- Position: Safety
- College: Wayne State College
- Height: 6’0’’
- Weight: 195
- Twitter: SuperSaiyan21_
- Instagram: crazyboikev
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2022 NFL Draft?
- I am a very athletic safety. I am a great run fitter. My team main coverage was Cover 1 and I covered slot receivers the entire year so my man coverage is very good. I can play zone coverage at a very high level. I cover a lot of range as I am capable of covering hash to sideline. I have very good speed and ability to play the ball. I am great at block shedding that leads into me making tackles. I can play both safety positions as well as playing nickel. Very versatile safety that is willing to learn anything taught. I’ve always been taught to be a sponge that there is something I don’t know that can make my game much better.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- At the age of 5 years old. I would always play with a football until I was able to play on a team.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- That I am both a quick learned and that my mentality is very strong. Turning a bad play into getting a turnover the next.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- World Hunger.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- What if it can turn out better than you imagined?
Who was your childhood hero?
- My grandfather
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- Tristian Ducker.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Being lied to.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- There was only 5 people that believed in me in making it in college football.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- My school is special to me as yes it may be small but the one thing of forces you to realize is why you’re there. If you’re there to party then you won’t stay. If you’re there to work, grind, and get what you came here for. It’s the right place to be.
What is your favorite snack food?
- Watermelon flavored licorice
What is the best part of football?
- Hard to say. I love everything about football. I think the best part is the brotherhood. You meet people and you become so close and you trust those people to go to war with.
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- I’ve always been one of best competitors on any team I’ve been apart of.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- Jeremy Chinn
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- My great grandmother. I was told when with her I was always calm and happy as a baby. I would love to sit down and have the best of times with her. I know it will be great telling her all about my life and learning about hers.
- Sean Taylor. This is my all time favorite safety. I would love to sit down with him and get advice and insight to how he viewed the game.
- My great grandfather. I don’t have any memory of him but he was there when I was a baby. I just wanna sit down and have a conversation to him. I was told all great things about him.
Follow Us on Facebook