- Name: Joshua Valentine-Turner
- Position: DB
- College: Florida International University
- Height: 6’0″
- Weight:188 lbs
- Twitter: @Joshyturner_
- Instagram: @Joshuaaturner
What sets you apart from other defensive backs?
- My willingness to be physical not just press but attack the run game. And I also think that I can play anywhere in the secondary and my aggression. Plus I don’t give up big plays. And I consistently do my job and have only given up 1 touchdown in my entire college career.
If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- Ray Lewis or Champ Bailey, just because Ray Lewis is somebody I’ve watched alot of videos on and he’s a great motivator and Champ Bailey is one of my favorite football players.
What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
- I consider myself more of a guy to lead by example. I like to be a guy who shows it on the football field so your teammates raise their level of play.
What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- Probably the moments I was at my lowest. I feel like those are the moments where a breakthrough happens and where I feel I grew the most.
What do you think are the keys to success on the football field?
- Knowing your job and knowing what you need to do, knowing your role and communication among your teammates so you can go out and execute.
What should we know about Joshua Valentine-Turner the person?
- I’m a person who anything I get involved in I’m going to give it my all and that includes football I will pour myself into it for my teammates and coaches.
What do you love about the game of football?
- The biggest thing I love about football is I am addicted to competing and I believe that football is the ultimate competition and to avoid complacency and that it allows you to compete in every facet of your life.
What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- Growing up that’s just what everyone in my family wanted, to play football or be involved in football.
How are you planning to prepare for the draft?
- As of right now I am just training with my friends and I’m trying to just get locked in mentally and reading books on stuff and friends in the NFL have told me what I need to do and don’t need to do to get where I wanna get.
What would a team get in a player like you?
- The team that takes me is going to get smart and knowledgeable player, willing to do anything for the team to make it and that knows a lot about the cornerback position.
How do you handle challenges both in life and on the football field?
- Honestly throughout my life I’ve been through a lot and now I just look at challenges as an opportunity to grow and get better and that helps me so much that you can take a negative and turn it into a positive even though it isn’t a positive situation.
What is your favorite coverage and why?
- I like man pressures because it allows you to play more aggressive within your framework of technique because you know the quarterback isn’t going to have much time.