- Name: Elijah Watson
- Position: Defensive Line
- College: Valdosta State University
- Height: 6’3
- Weight: 290
- Twitter: @ElijahKWatson
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2022 NFL Draft?
- Tangibly, my ball get off and the use of my hands set me apart. Intangibly, my inability to quit.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- My mother made me start playing football earlier than I can even remember, maybe around 7 years old.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- My mentality is 1-0 everyday. Even if I’m beaten today, they’ll have to beat me again tomorrow.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- An inner-city early career center for middle school and high school kids. To help kids from adverse situations find out how they’d like to change the world.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- Matthew 5:41 “If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two.”
Who was your childhood hero?
- Dion Sims, my middle school football coach. He helped me and many other kids realize how much more to life there was than the circumstances we were growing up in.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- We had real NFL talent on our roster so that’s a tough question. I would have to say, Christan Matthew. The hardest working person I know, we used to go 10 days straight in the gym before we had a rest day.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Passive aggressive people. People should say what they mean.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- I’ve overcome some fairly tough things in life, it’s difficult to choose what the hardest moment was. I will say, not being able to take care of my mother, little brothers, and little sisters is still something I struggle with. I wish there was more I can do in this moment.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- Valdosta State is a place where you have to EARN the respect of your teammates and coaches. I always loved having to prove myself.
What is your favorite snack food?
What is the best part of football?
- Putting in blood, sweat, and tears, shoulder to shoulder with your brothers.
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- Dependability is the most important trait you can have as a Man, it’s the number one thing I strive for.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- Deforest Buckner plays with a combination of quickness and finesse. I see a lot of my game in his.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- Joe Biden, I’d like to make some suggestions on how he could do more for urban settings. Jesus, I’d like to know what’s really what. Roger Goodell, I’d love to learn the NFL.