- Name: Donovan Lucas
- Position: CB/Return Specialist
- College: Northern State University
- Height: 6′
- Weight: 180 lbs
- Twitter: @MTDonniee
- Instagram: _donniee17
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2022 NFL Draft?
- There are a lot of things that make me a top prospect in this year’s NFL draft, starting with the fact that there is no one at the cornerback position with better technique than myself. I have a great gift of athleticism that matches well with my football IQ and natural instincts. You want to see why I am a top cornerback, tell your #1 WR to line up.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- I got into football during Peewee so probably like 5 or 6.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- One thing times should know about me is that while I have the utmost confidence in myself, I am very selfless and will put the team and my teammates before myself.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- If I could donate to one cause in the world it would have to be world hunger. Imagine when you haven’t eaten all day, that’s some people for weeks.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- The best advice I have ever received was no matter what the situation or circumstances is just work hard.
Who was your childhood hero?
- I had a couple different hero’s but my hero in sports was Allen Iverson, he battled through a lot of adversity and he is a heart over height type of guy. He had a persona that people wanted to be like Iverson.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- Most underrated teammate from Northern Football 2021 I’d probably have to say Ben Noland or Rico Twinawe. Both are great players but really didn’t get their shot just because it wasn’t their time yet. Jacob Howard also is a sleeper, just one of those guys that shows up and works hard, very selfless.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- I think my biggest pet peeve is when people try to have a full blown conversation with me when I am wearing my beats.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- The hardest moment that I had to overcome was definitely tearing my ACL. I just remember being on bed rest for the first week and telling myself there was no way I would bounce back from this. So that was one of the hardest moments in my life because you hear so much about people not recovering from ACL injuries so it was a huge mental block as I was working back.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- Something special about Northern State is the atmosphere and facilities. Stadium and locker room is second to none in all of D2 facilities. The stadium and game day atmosphere is truly unforgettable with the fans right behind the bench cheering and screaming just makes the game day feel surreal. It was special to me because I had never played in anything remotely close to that atmosphere in front of those electrifying crowds, that is something I will take with me forever.
What is your favorite snack food?
- Honestly either Oreos, or Jolly Rancher Chews.
What is the best part of football?
- That’s hard, I would have to say that game day atmosphere when you look up and you see all the fans and everybody is pumped up.
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- Donovan Lucas is a professional anyway you look at it.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- I would compare myself to a younger Stephon Gilmore, bump n run days.
Follow Us on Facebook