- Name: Dillon Sterling-Cole
- Position: QB
- College: Arizona State University/ Midwestern State University
- Height: 6’3
- Weight: 218
- Twitter: Passdmc
- Instagram: Passdmc
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2022 NFL Draft?
- I believe I have the best arm in this year’s draft. I think I check all the boxes physically I’m 6’3 and some change, 218 pounds. I know I have all the physical tools to play on Sundays. I’m also smart enough to digest a playbook quickly and make it happen on the field.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- I was interested in football I believe around the age of 3 my grandparents and family members would say. With my father playing professionally when I was a kid, my great grandmother would always sit me up in front of the television to watch the Denver Broncos play, which was the team my Father was Drafted by in the 2000 Draft.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- Teams should know that I’m preparing myself daily to compete for a Quarterback position and I am dedicated to making this my life.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- If I could donate to one cause I’m the world, it would be the Breast Cancer Research Foundation’s (BCRF), whose mission is to prevent and cure breast cancer by advancing the world’s most promising research. I have women in my life who have had to fight the good fight against breast cancer and it would mean the world to me to be in the position one day to help fund and support the research that is being done.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
The best advice I have ever received was to “to love everybody, no matter how big or small wide or tall, love everybody helps everybody, never know who knows who“ . “As a captain of your own ship, never let the water in the boat”.
Who was your childhood hero?
- My Uncle Mike was my childhood hero! There was nothing my Uncle Mike could not do! He was the best at every sport, he made shots with the basketball I don’t think Micheal Jordan could hit (no offense to Micheal Jordan if he ever read this)! I am sure people around my hometown of Orange, Texas could say the same. Not only that but he’s known as a caring person around the town, humble, very knowledgeable, and always motivated me to be the best person I can be because that will open doors that I might not know are opening later on in the future. But what I admire the most about my Uncle Mike, is how he cares for the women in his life. No matter what he assures that they are safe and out of harms way.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- I believe the most underrated teammate in the locker room Trenton Kennedy Running Back.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Not finishing what you started regardless how big or small the task is.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- One of the hardest moments in my life I had to overcome was having to step down from doing what I love the most which are playing Quarterback and being told the only way I would make it to the NFL would be on special teams and having to play special teams at Arizona State University on punt return.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- The reason Midwestern State University in Texas is so special to me it’s because of the culture and the environment that football program has created for the community here in Wichita Falls, Texas.
What is your favorite snack food?
- My favorite snack food would be Kettle Cooked Barbecue Chips 100 percent.
What is the best part of football?
- The best part about football is the mini-adventures that take place during the course of a season. Within each adventure, there are lessons to be learned with adversity and hardships that may take place. But when it all said and done coming out victorious is all that matters !
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- I will prepare and compete against the best to prove that I am the best at what I love to do, playing Quarterback!
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- I’ve taken a little time to find a player that fits my build and the way I play. When I watch videos of Steve McNair, I see myself.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- If I could have dinner with 3 people dead or alive it would be Kobe Bryant (passed away), My Great-Grandmother Jane Sterling (passed away), and Barack Obama (living). The reason for this would be because I would love to pick Kobe Bryant’s brain about the adversity he faced on and off the court and how that helped or hindered his performance in the game. My Great-Grandmother Jane Sterling would be there because I would love for her to meet Kobe Bryant and Barack Obama and spend time with her one last time. Barack Obama will be there because I want to get a different perspective of adversity and how it is handled for the Former President side and From a former professional athlete both who I admire dearly.
Follow Us on Facebook