- Name: De’Vijan Franklin
- Position: Cornerback
- College: Slippery Rock University
- Height: 6’2
- Weight: 190lb
- Twitter: @DevijanFranklin
- Instagram: @Devijannnn
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2022 NFL Draft?
- I would say what makes me a top prospect is my preparation. How I prepare, watch film, study opponents, work on my craft and technique separates me a lot. Also, the combination of my size and speed allows me to lock down receivers in Press man to man coverage as well as covering ground and being a huge impact in zone coverage. I understand route concepts, down and distance, & how receivers want to attack you.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- I was 6 years old when I was first interested in football.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- I will do whatever it takes to win, and I believe that winning starts at practice and in the weight room sessions, so I take that seriously. I am a team player and want nothing but the best for my guys around me, but I strive to take care of business first.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- It would be the homeless. I’d donate to homeless shelters across the world to make sure they are taken care of. I believe my purpose in this world is to help people and help them grow despite what they are going through. That’s just the type of person I am.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- The best advice I received was to strive to be the best at anything I do. Whether it was football, school, or business, be the best at what I do because they can’t take away your knowledge and productivity.
Who was your childhood hero?
- My childhood hero is my mom, and she still is my hero. I know if I ever needed anything I can go to her, and she would support me in anything I want to do. She has instilled hard work in me and is the reason I go so hard today. I don’t know what I would do without her.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- Khadir Roberts. He is also a prospect for the 2022 NFL Draft and should have way more looks than he has. He is what you want in a defensive back. He’s fast, twitchy, strong in press coverage, and will shut your biggest threat down.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- People who don’t clean up after themselves and just sit around all day doing nothing.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- I tried out for my middle school football team in 6th, 7th, and 8th grade and did not make the team in all 3 years. Once I didn’t make the team in 8th grade, I remember asking myself what was next for me. I stayed after school to see if I made the team and my name was on the list for first cuts every year, so I figured it was time to move on from the sport. I kept the faith, put my head down, and worked hard to become who I am today.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- Slippery Rock University is unique and very welcoming. The people are what makes Slippery Rock special. I’ve met a group of guys who’ll be my brothers for a lifetime and be at my wedding in the future.
What is your favorite snack food?
What is the best part of football?
- Competing is the best part of football. I embrace going out to work every day competing at a high level. Competition brings out the best in players who really want it.
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- Big, physical and lengthy cornerback with great speed who excels in press man to man coverage, disrupting routes with great understanding of offensive tendencies, route concepts, and down & distance.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- I would compare myself to Jalen Ramsey. The confidence and energy he plays with reminds me of myself. He plays with such a high motor. Also, we both share similar physical attributes that allow us to shut down a team’s top WR in coverage. We both have the advantage of putting our hands on a guy at the line of scrimmage to disrupt the release
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- If I could have dinner with three people dead or alive, it’d be with my late grandfather Pop- Pop, my late great grandmother, Grandma Louis, and Poppa G, who is my late granddad. They all watched me grow up and partially raised me before their passing. To have one conversation with them would mean a lot to me. I know they are proud of me and my accomplishments knowing where I’ve come from. I miss them three a lot.