- Name: Coutrell Plair Jr.
- Position: Cornerback
- College: Samford University
- Height: 6’0
- Weight: 182
- Twitter: @CMoneyPlair
- Instagram: @cplair2
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2022 NFL Draft?
- I believe that several attributes make me a top prospect in this year’s Draft, but my elite cover skills paired with a high football IQ are what I think separate me the most.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- I was interested in football from as early as I can remember. I had 2 older brothers who played football so it was sort of inevitable for me at some point.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- NFL teams should know that I bring even more to the table than my physical skills. I’m a natural leader who can elevate a locker room from Day 1.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- I would donate to different impoverished areas around the world. A lot of people, especially the youth, miss out on valuable opportunities just from simply not being able to afford things to be put in those positions, so hopefully I could help someone out.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- The best advice I’ve ever received is to run your own race and outwork everyone.
Who was your childhood hero?
- My childhood hero was my mother. She did whatever she had to do to provide for my three siblings & I. Seeing how she handled her business while also being a single mom was something that I always admired.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- I think the most underrated teammate I have is Montrell Washington. He’s a “ball player”, and doesn’t get enough credit for how he can impact the game in every phase.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- My biggest pet peeve is probably when people or things are unorganized. I immediately feel uneasy when too many things are out of place or there’s no structure in a situation.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- Watching my dad go to prison at the age of 6 was one of the hardest moments I faced. I had to grow up fast and learn a lot of things on my own that he otherwise could have taught me.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- My school is special because it is a place where you can grow as an individual as much as you can as an athlete. You are surrounded by great people who care about you and your success as a person just as much as your sport success.
What is your favorite snack food?
- Cool Ranch Doritos.
What is the best part of football?
- The friendships and relationships that you build while playing football are what I think the best part of the sport is.
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- I am a resilient and optimistic hard worker who leads by example.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- I think my game could be closest compared to Tre’Davious White from the Bills. I think he’s a headsy player who has a knack for covering guys much like I try to pride myself on.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- I would have dinner with Young Dolph, Elon Musk and Martin Luther King Jr. I feel like these people could give me all encompassing advice.