- Name: Chinedu Ogbonna
- Position: LB
- College: Southeastern Louisiana University
- Height: 6’3″
- Weight: 235 lbs
- Twitter: @kingogb2
- Instagram: @kingogb
What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
- Positive, confident and encouraging, I feel as when I’m on the field I am sort of coach. Helping people get lined up, correcting but in a way where it builds them up instead strip their confidence.
What sets you apart from other linebackers?
- I know it’s cliché to say but I feel like my IQ, I’m a student of the game. I want to know what everyone on the field does. And every team I’ve been on I’ve been told by coaches and teammates.
How do you handle challenges both in life and on the football field?
- Pretty much the same, take a deep breath, assess the situation and try to find a solution. But its never that easy so I know I can’t do it by myself so I’m never scared to ask for help.
What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- Had to be freshman year, my first start and beat BYU at there home.
How are you planning to prepare for the draft?
- Finding a good support system with agents, trainer that can help me with the specifics that I need in my training and hitting it full speed.
What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- The brotherhood that came with it, I would see all the people so close with each other and it made me wanna really try it out.
If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- Currently Fred Warner.
What should we know about Chinedu Ogbonna the person?
- A selfless person, often but puts others before himself.
What are you looking to achieve as a football player going forward?
- To compete against myself daily! Try to be the best version of myself and everything should fall in place. I plan on going to a team where the coaches know how to utilize my talents and help me preform at the highest level I know that I can.
What would a team get in a player like you?
- A player dynamic in every sense of the word, can play inside back, outside backer and even rush on off the edge. I believe that I am an all down linebacker.
What do you love about the game of football?
- The competition, the way that the game can bring people from totally different backgrounds together for a common goal. For some people there teammates are closer than family.
What do you think are the keys to success on the football field?
- Communication is definitely a big one, knowing your job and all 11 on the same page.