- Name: Cazz Martin
- Position: RB
- College: University of Minnesota-Duluth
- Height: 5’6″
- Weight: 182 lbs
- Twitter: @CazzMartin
- Instagram: @teamtakeoff4
What are you looking to achieve as a football player going forward?
- To be the best version of Cazz Martin that I can be, leave a legacy. Continue to learn the game and life lessons from teammates and coaches. Most of all compete.
What do you think are the keys to success on the football field?
- Knowing your assignment, trusting that your teammates will know and complete their assignment, and having confidence.
If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- Tom Brady, to gain knowledge on the game and what the defense is trying to do, so I can put myself in the best position pre-snap.
What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
- I bring the hype and juice to the field. I’m not much of a holler type of guy, but the way I carry myself whether it’s practice, lifts, meetings, or game day brings energy. Love cheering and hyping up my teammates when a good play is made.
What sets you apart from other running backs?
- My explosion, ability to score from anywhere on the field. The way I run the ball with physicality, contact balance, and low center of gravity.
How are you planning to prepare for the draft?
- I will be attending the College Gridiron Showcase in January. Training at the Training Haus in Minneapolis, MN for my pro day and focusing on my nutrition.
How do you handle challenges both in life and on the football field?
- I like to address the situation head-on and look at all possible outcomes before making my decision. I am not afraid to reach out for help or advice when I need it.
What should we know about Cazz Martin the person?
- Outgoing, caring, and always looking for ways to help others any way I can. Come from a big loving family. Committed hard worker. Love the grind!
What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- Scoring game-winning touchdown in high school against our cross-town rivals to earn a state playoff birth in over 10 years. Getting an offer from JUCO to go play at a 4Year university. Securing our spot in the National playoffs & conference championship on senior night at UMD where I rushed for 191 yards.
What would a team get in a player like you?
- A team player who is ready to learn and compete. A player who is going to be a good representation of the team in the community in everyday life. A player willing to do whatever for teammates and a win.
What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- Fell in love with the game at a young age, now that I’m older football is my sanctuary. I love how it gives my family something to be proud about, come together and make memories that will last for generations!
What do you love about the game of football?
- Being able to compete, makes me feel like a kid again playing the game they love. Most importantly the relationships and life lessons the game brings.