- Name: Bryan Epps
- Position: Defensive Back/Cornerback
- College: Virginia Union University
- Height: 190
- Weight: 6’0
- Twitter: b_3pps
- Instagram: B_epps9
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2022 NFL Draft?
- What makes me a top prospect is that I’m a smart football player. I study the game and I watch tendencies of the receivers. I can play man, zone, off technique and press. I am a very versatile cornerback.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- When I turned 5 years of age I began playing football.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- NFL teams should know that I am a hard worker. I love guarding the best receiver from the opposing teams.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- I would donate to Mental Health America. Mental health is very important to everyday life and sometimes it goes unnoticed.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- The best advice I ever received was from former Laker and Highland Springs High School legend, Andre Ingram. He basically told me to stay ready so you don’t have to get ready. Whether that’s working out, or lifting. Just do everything you have to do and let everything else fall into place.
Who was your childhood hero?
- My childhood hero is Tony Romo. He’s my favorite football player ever and he was also a small school prospect.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- I have two, D’Andre Walker cornerback and Jaiden Reavis wide receiver.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- My biggest pet peeve is being unprepared. It puts you at a disadvantage in life and even on the football field. I try to be prepared for everything.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- The hardest moment of my life was when I was a freshman at Virginia Union University. I was at the very bottom of the depth chart with no equipment given to by the coaches. I thought about giving up at times and cried multiple times but I continued to work hard in practice. I took every rep serious in practice and made plays. I eventually gained playing time by the 5th game and became apart of the rotation. That moment made me realize nothing is given to you and that you have to go get it. I’ve started every game the rest of my college career.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- Virginia Union University is a HBCU located in Richmond, Virginia. It’s special to me because of the people I met along the way while attending. The bonds and friendships I have gained are because of this school.
What is your favorite snack food?
- My favorite snack food is Doritos.
What is the best part of football?
- Locking up receivers and winning is the best part.
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- I am a shutdown versatile cornerback.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- I would compare myself to Kendall Fuller. He can play inside or outside no matter the coverage. He’s very patient in his backpedal when playing off technique like I am.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
The three people I would choose are Deion Sanders , Tony Romo, and Dwayne Wade.
- Deion sanders because he’s the greatest cornerback of all time.
- Tony Romo because he’s underrated and my favorite quarterback.
- Dwayne Wade because he’s my favorite NBA player of all time.