- Name: Jonathan Timmons
- Position: OL
- College: Alabama A&M University
- Height: 6’4″
- Weight: 330 lbs
- Twitter: @Jon_No_Wall
- Instagram: @Thereal_jonathantimmons
What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- I just always looked up to my dad. He played at Oklahoma State and I just used to look up to him because he put a football in my brother and I at a young age, we always were around it so it was love at first sight.
What is your typical training routine?
- I go run the hills early in the morning to get me started and then I’ll go to the gym later on in the day and train, depending on what day it is I’ll do upper or lower body lifts.
What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
- I’m the type of player that’s going to always bring the toughness out of my teammates and the passion. I want all of my guys next to me to match each other’s energy and thrive off of one another.
What are your favorite things about playing football for Alabama A&M?
- The chemistry we had as an offense was unmatched, we finished #1 in total offense for the SWAC, we had the leading rusher in the SWAC, the top two leading receivers in the SWAC, the top quarterback in the SWAC, and the top receiver for touchdown receptions. So our chemistry and how locked in we were as an offense were unmatched.
What sets you apart from other offensive linemen?
- My tenacity and my leadership qualities are what sets me apart and also my knowledge of the game. I started to pick up on things that were going to happen before they even happened.
How do you handle challenges both in life and on the football field?
- I just pray I leave it all up to GOD because he’s the head of my life, I allow him to fight my battles because without him I’m nothing.
What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- Going to the Bahamas Bowl in 2019 and beating Alabama State in the Magic City Classic.
What should we know about Jonathan Timmons the person?
- I play basketball during the off-season too and I’m good in the kitchen as well.
What do you think are the keys to success on the football field?
- To play fast and to play together and to play for the man next to you. If you do that then winning will become a second nature to you.
What would a team get in a player like you?
- A guy that wants to win and wants to improve every single day. A guy that is reliable and can be counted on.
If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- Tyron Smith, Trent Williams, and Zack Martin are my favorite lineman and I feel as if they would be a joy to hang around.
What do you love about the game of football?
- I love the team aspect of it and how it can build character amongst everyone. I really appreciate the game and how it has taught me so much about the game of life.
Follow Us on Facebook