- Name: Javon Jackson
- Position: Defensive Back
- College: Duke/ Ga Southern/ West Georgia (currently)
- Height: 5’10
- Weight: 190
- Twitter: vonnjack2
- Instagram: vonnjack2
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2022 NFL Draft?
- I feel I’m very versatile, have good ball skills and always looking to make a play to get the ball back to the offense.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- 5 years old is when I knew I loved football
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- I don’t quit, if I can’t figure something out or lack the ability to do something I am going to keep working at it until I master it.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- World hunger, its too many kids out here that are hungry and don’t deserve to die of starvation before their life starts
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- As cliché as it sounds the best advice I have received is “control what you can control”.
Who was your childhood hero?
- My oldest cousin on my dad’s, played basketball overseas professionally although it being a different sport made me want to work and be a professional athlete myself.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- Although he is out this year, Laperion Perry very explosive and dynamic guy will make a lot of plays next year as he has in previous healthy years
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Being around guys that don’t want to truly win with the team “a me type of guy”. I’m all about the team’s success first.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- When I broke my foot my freshman year of college that was tough because I had never been seriously injured before in my life given how much I’ve devoted my life to not only football but basketball and baseball growing up. It was a big challenge because the first year I’m on my own I get hurt and it takes me 2 years to get back 100% healthy, that time taught me a lot about myself though so I would not trade it for anything.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- The culture surrounding all the sports teams is phenomenal I feel all students make the most out of every opportunity to support all of the sports teams which makes school that much more fun in my opinion
What is your favorite snack food?
- Peanut Butter nature valley bars
What is the best part of football?
- Other than the games, watching films and figuring out how and what offenses like to do. Studying my opponent.
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- I’m a defensive back that is comfortable at any position on the backend.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- There is a couple guys I like to watch film on, but I’ll have to say Tyrann Mathieu.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- Charles Woodson, Denzel Washington, Kobe Bryant, were exceptional talents in their professions and I want to hear about the things they had to sacrifice as well as the mental capacities of what it took for them to get where they got to. Another thing would be they were consistently great year in and year out so hearing about their grind even after they “made it” would give me a great amount of interest as well.