- Name: Jacquez Carter
- Position: Wide Receiver
- College: Indiana Wesleyan University
- Height: 6’2
- Weight: 180
- Twitter: @houdini_carter
- Instagram: @8balljit
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2022 NFL Draft?
- What makes me a top prospect in the 2022 NFL Draft is my intelligence for the game, I’ve played Quarterback, Cornerback, Kick Return, & now WR. I bring Explosiveness and Playmaking to the table and have the ability to spark a big play anytime I touch the ball.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- I started into football at the age of 5
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- One thing NFL teams should know about me is that they will get my best every single day, and I will continue pushing to be the greatest to play the game.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- If I could donate to one cause it would be to help out in Haiti, I have one parent who is half Haitian and I have close connections with my Haitian people, so I want to help out there any way I can.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- The best advice I ever received is “Don’t let yesterday ruin today, today is a whole new day” To me these means don’t let anything in the past affect the events of today because it is a fresh start.
Who was your childhood hero?
- My childhood hero is my dad, he always pushed me to reach the highest accomplishments possible, and to never want to settle for anything lower than my potential.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- The most underrated teammate in my locker room is Gardy Paul, a 6’0 280 Defensive Tackle. He is one of the most explosive DL I’ve ever been around with great power and hands.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- My biggest pet peeve is one person trying to tell another person how they should feel in a situation. I feel like if you have an opinion on something or feel some way, trying to convince somebody they shouldn’t feel that way is very bothersome.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- The hardest moment of my life to overcome was when I was stuck at home for Spring of 2021 trying to find a school and nobody was giving me an opportunity to play, and I was thinking about whether or not I would get offered to play football ever again. I was in a very tough place mentally and this gave me the extra motivation to grind to be the best prepared so that when I get my next opportunity I can show why I am one of the best players on any field.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- Something special about Indiana Wesleyan University is the relationships between players and coaches, the coaches here really stand on anything they say to you and genuinely care about you as a person off the field in everyday life instead of only caring about the things you can do for them on the football field. They thrive on creating a real family environment which pushes you to want to be your best on the field everyday.
What is your favorite snack food?
- My favorite snack food would have to be Zebra Cakes.
What is the best part of football?
- The best part of football is the fun energy with your teammates and making plays, hearing the crowd of people in the stadium cheering as loud as they can, which just pushes me to go harder and harder
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- If I could sell myself in one sentence, what I would say is, “I’m always one of the most explosive players on any field, willing to give my all every single day to help my program and teammates succeed to the fullest possibility.”
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- I don’t have one particular player that I compare myself to there’s a mix because of how unique my style is. I have the smooth style of Devonta Smith, the playmaking of Ja’marr Chase, & Antonio Brown, the explosiveness and agility of Lamar Jackson, & the confidence of being the best of Chad Johnson Ochocinco.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- If I could have dinner with 3 people dead or alive, it would be Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, & Chad Johnson Ochocinco. I would love to hear all of them speak on what it takes to make them so great and to understand why their mind is so dominant in anything they do. All 3 have the highest confidence of being the best and that is somewhere I want to reach, being one of the greats. Along with all the greatness, Ochocinco is one of the funniest and straightforward people ever and is just himself every day no matter what anyone thinks, which is so important in the society we live in today.