- Name: Bryant Kieft
- Position: WR
- College: Northwood University
- Height: 6’4″
- Weight: 215 lbs
- Twitter: @Bryant_Kieft
- Instagram: @bryant_kieft
1.What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- I knew very young that I loved football. My dad played football in college and had a ball in my hand before I could even walk. So ever since then, I have taken the passion my dad had for the game and made it into my own.
2.If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- I have 2 answers. First is a past football player… Randy Moss no doubt. Easily a top 5 receiver all-time and just dominated the game since the minute he started playing. He brought the identity of “Mossing” DB’s and that’s something I take pride in. The second would be Adam Thielen. Adam had to work for everything. No scholarships besides a book scholarship to D2 Minnesota State. Undrafted. Practice squad. Active roster. Now a pro bowler. He grinded for everything he has and that inspires me.
3.What are your favorite things about playing football for Northwood?
- Northwood has brought me friendships that will last a lifetime. Coaches who have taught lessons that will make me a better father, brother, son, and friend. Being the smallest school in our conference it brought hardships that have led to a lot of mental toughness and that is what is great about the program. We show up everyday ready to work and get each other better.
4.What do you think are the keys to success on the football field?
- The number 1 key to success in the field is trust. The players have to trust the coaches to make the call. The coaches have to trust the players to make the plays. All 11 on the field have to trust each other to do their job and execute.
5.What sets you apart from other wide receivers?
- My size and strength allow me to make separation easier than most wideouts. I also take pride in my ball skills and can catch anything thrown in my direction.
6.What is your typical training routine?
- Typically I take quite a bit of time to stretch and activate the muscle group I want to work on. Then hop into whatever muscle group I’m targeting that day and get all my sets and reps done in a row. I don’t like to sit around in the weight room. I like to get through things effectively and efficiently. Usually, end a workout with core workouts and another stretch.
7.How do you handle challenges both in life and on the football field?
- By learning from mistakes. Both mine and others. I am human and have made mistakes in both life and football. But it’s about how you respond and learn from those. When you are faced with adversity you have to attack it head on to get the end result you want. That’s what I live by.
8.What should we know about Bryant Kieft the person?
- I am a man of god and live life with the goal to impact anyone around in a positive way. I strive to be the greatest leader in life and in football to bring out the best in everyone around me. I’ve worked hard to accomplish everything I have in life. The sky is the limit.
9.What do you love about the game of football?
- I love that it fulfills my competitive edge and has a group of men that are all working to accomplish the same goal. I love the physical aspect. And I love the brotherhood it brings.
10.What would a team get in a player like you?
- A hardworking leader who is passionate about what he does and makes everyone around him better.
11.What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
- I bring positive energy to the field every day and have the potential to make a game-changing play every snap.
12.What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- My sophomore year at Northwood I made a catch that landed number 8 on Sportscenter top 10. Made it on Randy Moss’ “You got Mossed” segment and was number 4 on the college football countdown plays of the week. That was a super cool memory I’ll never forget and hearing Randy Moss call my name was like a dream come true.