- Name: Will Cox
- Position: Cornerback
- College: Baker University
- Height: 6’2
- Weight: 197
- Twitter: _oddwilly
- Instagram: will.chair
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2022 NFL Draft?
- I’m very involved in the details of the game, I would say I’m a student of the game because I love just breaking things down and learning. I’m very grateful for being athletically gifted but that only takes you so far, so I work as hard off the field.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- I would say the age 5, that’s when my obsession started with the game.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- NFL teams should know that I’m someone who just wants to get better. In every aspect of life I strive for that 1% better AT LEAST everyday, so with that being said they will get somebody who is dedicated to the grind of becoming the best they can be whether that’s on the field or off the field.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- That cause would be for Racial Equality. It’s a crazy crazy time we live in and to not go in to super detail about everything, being educated helps so much. So donating to this cause helps spread awareness to all of those who need it and to those that are aware they can hopefully be able to gather more knowledge.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- The best piece of advice I have ever received would be “If you think it’s cool, that’s all that matters.” I received this advice from a really good friend named Justin that I met through video games actually. But it stuck with me because I’m a firm believer in doing whatever makes YOU happy at the end of the day.
Who was your childhood hero?
- My childhood hero would be my mom. I’m the youngest of 6 and she essentially raised all 6 of us under one roof and I’ve never seen someone as strong as her.
NFL Draft Diamonds Partners with the 2022 Hula Bowl All-Star Game
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- Honestly I couldn’t just pick ONE person. This isn’t to be cliché or anything but every person has their role and every role is super important in making the wheels turn. Not to steer away from the question but if I had to choose something I would say the scout team. Our scout team players are the most important and underrated teammates because they are so crucial in getting us ready week in and week out by giving us better looks than the actual teams we end up going against.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- My biggest pet peeve would be people who do things for their peers validation. Big believer in doing things because it makes YOU happy and not because it makes those around you happy.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- My hardest moment in my life would probably having to overcome being ineligible two seasons in a row and fighting to stay in college so far away from home. This took a lot out patience and it was so many times I had to realize that this was bigger than myself
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- Baker University is a very small school in comparison to D1s, so it feels more like a family more than anything. Going off of that, this is why the school is so special to me. They could’ve given up on me plenty of times but they truly care about their students and athletes and that’s what i love the most.
What is your favorite snack food?
- Pickles & Chips Ahoy
What is the best part of football?
- The best part about football is the friendships you make. I’ve met so many different people that at first glance I would have thought that there was no way I would be cool with them and they turn out to be the coolest people on earth. That’s the best part excluding winning of course.
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- A student of the game and confidence through the roof.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- I’m usually compared to the taller & longer corners like the Richard Sherman’s and Cromartie’s. But I try to model my game after Stephon Gilmore and Jalen Ramsey
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- Jay-Z (Rather the 500k though from the viral “Dinner with Jay-Z or 500k picture”) I would have dinner with him just to soak up some game, see where he went wrong and what I can avoid doing. Although his wrongs and my wrongs could be vastly different still can learn something from them.
- My grandmother who recently passed away this year. I know she would give me really good advice and I would love to just hear her voice.
- Tori Hughes aka Tori Brixx (Celeb Crush). This is just because she’s the crush.