- Name: Shane Noel
- Position: RB
- College: East Texas Baptist University
- Weight:220 lbs
- Twitter: @sugar25shane
- Instagram: @suga_shane25
1.What are your favorite things about playing football for East Texas Baptist?
- The unity and atmosphere, being able to suit up and play alongside my brothers at ETBU is by far my favorite thing.
2.If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- Barry Sanders, I would love to break down film with him and pick his brain.
3.What is your typical training routine?
- My training routine consists of a lot of explosive work, incorporating quick-twitch movements in all my workouts. My typical training day includes speed work, band-up exercises, bodyweight exercises, and regular lifts. Running hills and muscle-ups are definitely my go-to as well.
4.What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- My favorite moments in my football life are training and watching film with my dad. He’s had a huge impact on my football career and he’s taught me a lot.
5.What should we know about Shane Noel the person?
- I’m a hard-working individual, I’ll set high goals for myself and work tirelessly in order to achieve them.
6.What are you looking forward to in the rest of your season?
- Looking forward to doing whatever I can to help us continue to win games.
7.How do you handle challenges both in life and on the football field?
- Faith plays a huge role in my life, no matter what I’m facing in terms of adversity I know I can put my faith in Christ and I’ll be led in the right direction.
8.What is your favorite run and why?
- So far this season I would say it’s my run against Southwestern, anytime you can clear a defender with a hurdle is definitely a highlight.
9.What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- Watching guys like Barry Sanders and Reggie Bush really sparked my love for the game, I would watch their highlights and be amazed then go out and try to emulate their running styles.
10.What would a team get in a player like you?
- A versatile player. Someone who can go over the top of you, beat you with speed or power. Also, a high motor type of player that will do whatever it takes to help my team win.
11.What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
- I bring a very positive and competitive atmosphere to the field; I’m always challenging myself to sharpen my toolset as a player. I would say that my competitive mindset not only elevates my game but my teammates as well.
12.What do you love about the game of football?
- Having the opportunity to play alongside my brothers while being able to pursue my passion and glorify God.