Jake Ehlinger the former Texas Longhorns linebacker died on May 6th, 2021 around 12:18 pm. The police responded to a call they found an unresponsive Ehlinger.
According to the family, the 20 year old standout linebacker and brother of Colts quarterback Sam Ehlinger died of an accidental overdose.
“Today we are sad to share that we have learned that Jake was a victim of an accidental overdose of what was believed to be Xanax laced with toxic drugs including deadly Fentanyl,” the Ehlinger family statement said. “The spread of counterfeit pills is an ongoing and significant issue throughout our country, particularly in schools, colleges, and universities.
“As our family continues to process Jake’s death, we felt it was important to share these details with the hope that Jake will not have died in vain,” the statement continued. “We pray that sharing Jake’s story will help shed light on this problem and prevent other families from also tragically losing a loved one.”
This is a horrible situation. No one is aware if he knew it was laced, or not. We just please keep the family in our prayers. It is hard to lose anyone and lately fentanyl is killing a lot of our youth.