NFL Draft Diamonds recently teamed up with the Hula Bowl as their scouting staff. We are excited to bring you a list of 10 prospects that shined in week 5 of College football. Make sure you check out the article, and give Antoine a follow!
By: AntoineTshiyombo @draftday101
- 1. Devonte Wyatt DL Georgia vs Arkansas: Wyatt has become the engine behind the country number 1 defense. Wyatt was dominating Arkansas offense and got 2 sacks and 3 pressure and was a stone walled to create no running lanes and nowhere to escape for for Arkansas KJ Jefferson. Even when his pass rush wasn’t resulting in a sack he was Consistently winning. On only 10 true pass rushes.
- 2. Evan Neal OT Alabama vs Mississippi: Neal played outstanding career the Rebels and has shown improvement in his leverage and hand placement in the run game. He was stellar in pass protection and would lose a rep on 33 drop back giving Bryce Young enough time to Cook an Roasted Turkey and Still get the pass off.
- 3. David Ojabo Edge Michigan vs Wisconsin David is an underclassmen so there a good chance he comes back next year anyways considering he was mostly an unknown coming into this season. Ojabo Terrorized Wisconsin offense notching 3 Sacks and 6 pressures on 18 standard drop backs he added a forced fumble just for good topping. If he keeps this up a lot of top 100 list will need to create an extra column.
- 4. Isaiah Likely TE Coastal Carolina vs Louisiana Monroe: Likely has been on fire the last two weeks having made 80% of his targeted throws the two weeks vs Massachusetts and Louisiana Monroe. In Louisiana Monroe game he had 95 yards and Two big time TDs adding 20 extra yards after catch. Likely is a Flex tight end at the next level but has improved his blocking this season especially crack-backs, and downfield blocks.
- 5. Boye Mafe Edge Minnesota vs Purdue: Mafe had a slow start to the season and look like he had not improved anywhere. But the last 3 weeks he went from 0 sacks and 3 pressures to the last 3 weeks snatching 5 sacks and 14 pressures. Versus Purdue he showed freakish first step and was often gone before the lineman could fully get off his stance.
- 6. Damarion Williams CB Houston vs Tulsa: Damarion is likely to move into the slot and with a great class of Cornerbacks on the outside I been looking for a guys who can play the slot. Damarion played mostly outside but had great Slot reps vs Tulsa and was great in coverage was targeted 11 times and allowed only 3 catches on 19 yards walking away with 2 pass break ups and an interceptions. Damarion Williams hasn’t missed a tackle this year and his stock for me has raised greatly.
- 7. Alex Mollette C Marshall vs Middle Tennessee: Mollette is played in 86 snaps vs Middle Tennessee I found it impossible to see a rep where he lost or was not in perfect position to make the necessary block. springing running back Rasheen Ali to 113 yard game. He has no surrendered a single pressure all season according to pro football focus. Has really excelled in his new role at center moving from guard.
- 8. Alec Pierce WR Cincinnati vs Notre Dame: a 6 catch 144 yard day vs Notre dame making a deep several plays down the field. His 18.9 yards this season is his best so far teams in the late rounds or UDFA looking for a deep threat that isn’t as common Pierce is your guy.
- 9. Brian Robinson RB Alabama vs Mississippi: put Alabama offense on his back old school style taking the rock 36 times ending up in the end zone 4 times for 171 yards. What I love the most is Robinson showed great contact balance and wouldn’t go down often to the first guy who try to knock him down. Robinson is no longer a side-kick in the running game.
- 10. Ikem Ekmonu OT/OG North Carolina State vs Louisiana Tech: Ikem is projected to many to move to guard at the next level but currently is been the man at Left tackle for the Wolfpack and was once again elite he has risen his stock to new heights in back to back weeks first vs Clemson and a dominating performance against La Tech. Is yet to surrender a sack according to pro football focus and I got to watch every snap he took the last two weeks via tv and he was flawless last week.
Honorable Mention: Deven Thompkins Utah State vs Brigham Young: Utah state may have gotten beat by two scores but it was close most of the game. One reason the game was kept so close was the impact of Devin Tompkins who blew past defenders this year accounting for 9 catches for 125 yards for a TD and did most his work on deep routes.