- Name: Brandon Flint
- Position: RB
- College: Elizabeth City State University
- Height: 5’8″
- Weight: 194 lbs
- Instagram: @freecinco_
1.What sets you apart from other running backs?
- Great question… for me it’s heart! having that Dog like mentality is key when you have a “smaller” back. Also being versatile and being able to play multiple positions within any offensive scheme!
2.What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
- A dominant but yet positive type of energy to where my teammates and myself are able to work at a higher intensity allowing us to feed off each other and get the job done.
3.What are your favorite things about playing football for Elizabeth City State?
- The school and community always support the sports! And with me not being from here and my family not being able to make every game, I love the family atmosphere and camaraderie.
4.What is your favorite run and why?
- To be completely honest I’m never satisfied so I dont have a favorite run.
5.What should we know about Brandon Flint the person?
- That he walks by faith and not by sight, some consider his jack of all trades and probably is one of the coolest antisocial guys you’ll ever meet! But won’t hesitate to give you the shirt off his back! And rather let his work ethic do most of the talking!
6.What are you looking forward to in the rest of your season?
- A winning season and opportunities!
7.If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- Adrian Peterson because he’s a master of the game and I know there’s so much he could teach me on and off the field.
8.What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- Growing up really wasn’t easy, I didn’t have friends & things weren’t always good at home but I was able to play baseball and basketball as outlets when I was younger but football resonated in my heart when I realized it was the only sport where my competitive edge & aggression couldn’t get penalized.
9.What is a moment that improved you as a football player?
- Back in pop warner I had to play with the older kids in my neighborhood because of my weight and I was on PR for the first time, man I was looking for the ball getting ready to return and a kid hit me so hard I promise it felt like I did a backflip, but the very next play I got the ball on a handoff and took it to the end zone! I use this example because at that moment I was able to display heart and tenacity before I even knew what those words even meant and being able to take a hit, shake it off and bounce back showed those older kids, my parents and most importantly myself that I could play this game!
10.What would a team get in a player like you?
- “In the humblest way.” A hidden gem! A hard-working coachable student of the game, who is disciplined but yet confident in my craft and always looking to improve, love to COMPETE, first to get there last to leave type of guy! And most importantly a team player if I got to get water for the unit that’s on the field I’ll do it, if I have to sit on the bench I’ll do it, if I have to help coach signal plays I’ll do it, I just want my team to win!
11.What do you love about the game of football?
- It’s an amazing sport that teaches more than football, helps build character, and can really teach you life lessons. In a sense, it’s more than a game! It helps build you as a man and prepare you for life! In a way, it weaves out your weaknesses and strengths! It’s more of a mental thing than physical! This game could also make or break you! It’s a lifestyle.
12.What are you still learning as a football player?
- Some things that I’m still learning as a football player are that the small details really matter and could lead to bigger opportunities! As well as staying on my toes and always adapting! You can never get too comfortable or complacent in this game!