- Name: Amari Johnson
- Position: LB
- College: Clarion University
- Height: 6’0″
- Weight: 237 lbs
- Twitter: @FinaticMari
- Instagram: @finaticmari_
1.What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- I decided that football was what I wanted to do for as long as I can at the age of 5. I got hit hard in a little league game and my cousin was the coach. He asked me did I want to quit or keep playing. The very next play I got a big hit myself and fell in love with the sport.
2.If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- I would hang out with Darius Leonard. He’s my favorite player, I love his mindset on and off the field and I would definitely pick his brain on both.
3.What sets you apart from other linebackers?
- Two things, the first is my ability to immediately bring the drills to the game. Linebacker is instincts and a mentality but knowing how to correctly spill or hard joint or fast flow in the correct moments. Using my hands not just running into blocks. The second is the versatility. Since high school all the way up to now in my senior season of college I have played inside backer, outside backer, and edge rushed as a defensive end.
4.What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
- Being a violent work horse, swarming to the football relentlessly. Leading by example not just screaming.
5.What are your favorite things about playing football for Clarion?
- Playing with my brothers and for a small town not being just a number but having a big impact on the community.
6.What is your typical training routine?
- Lift 4 times a week, conditioning twice and field work twice. I have a personal trainer when I’m not in school so he makes sure I’m training hard and eating right.
7.What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- Beating my rivals senior year in high school. It was Friday night under the lights away game. We had 22 players on the team and they had like 80. We won like 42-3. Emotions were high, a moment I will never forget.
8.What should we know about Amari Johnson the person?
- I’m competitive in everything I do whether it’s football, gaming, or regular everyday things. I’d do anything for my family, friends, and team.
9.What do you love about the game of football?
- I love that for 2 to 3 hours I get to enforce my will on another human. Nothing matters for 2 to 3 hours but football and I get to let off all stress and distractions.
10.What would a team get in a player like you?
- A leader and hard worker. Somebody who is coachable and plays with passion.
11.What are you still learning as a football player?
- I’m still learning that as a strong minded player you have to consistently overcome obstacles in this game. When a game is going down hill you have to bend but don’t break.
12.What is your favorite defensive scheme and why?
- I like to play in a 3-4 defense and being interchangeable as a outside edge or even a inside backer.